VCE resources for HSC (1 Viewer)

asduiashdi

HSC
Hi, my maths teacher recently introduced me to the VCE, the Victorian equivalent of HSC and theyhave been doing some topics longer than NSW such as vectors. I was wondering about the best websites to access the VCE past papers and other potentail resources that could be helpful for a HSC maths (or other subjects too) student. Thank you.

idkkdi

HSC
Hi, my maths teacher recently introduced me to the VCE, the Victorian equivalent of HSC and theyhave been doing some topics longer than NSW such as vectors. I was wondering about the best websites to access the VCE past papers and other potentail resources that could be helpful for a HSC maths (or other subjects too) student. Thank you.
no need to touch vce. their qs are also generally easier

carrotsss

HSC
There’s no shortage of questions for the hsc syllabus, I’m not sure why you’d need to use vce questions.

asduiashdi

HSC
There’s no shortage of questions for the hsc syllabus, I’m not sure why you’d need to use vce questions.
It was just for a topic test since vectors is a relatively new topic for Extension 1 whereas VCE has had vectors in their syllabus for 20 years. I just wanted more practice.

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
It was just for a topic test since vectors is a relatively new topic for Extension 1 whereas VCE has had vectors in their syllabus for 20 years. I just wanted more practice.
yeah definitely go for those, i did some of them. the UK a-levels (pure mathematics i believe) have vectors questions as well, if you're interested in looking through them, but trial qns for vectors from nsw schools should be sufficient

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
then again, there was a guy doing 3 decade old hsc bio papers on one of the threads, so there are shortages for a select few...

Last edited:

asduiashdi

HSC
yeah definitely go for those, i did some of them. the UK a-levels (pure mathematics i believe) have vectors questions as well, if you're interested in looking through them, but trial qns for vectors from nsw schools should be sufficient
oh that's cool, ill look into the UK a levels. yeah ive been going through a lot of trial questions for vectors. Thanks for your help!

asduiashdi

HSC
then again, there was a guy doing 3 decade old hsc bio papers on one of the threads, so there are shortages for a select few...
oh really, thats unfortunate. The new syllabus changes were annoying, they mean that only papers from 2019 onwards are super relevant.

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
oh really, thats unfortunate. The new syllabus changes were annoying, they mean that only papers from 2019 onwards are super relevant.
Doing papers that are exact to your syllabus is vital in obtaining the right environment you'll experience when taking the real test. Delving into areas of different curriculums (VCE, TCE, etc) will only further your journey in establishing the foundation for skills specific to your syllabus. Going further than resources specific to your syllabus is futile and time-consuming as it will most definitely content you will not have studied and as seen from some of the older posts above^ I've discerned that you're searching for vectors. There may be additional topics that may be added on to the style of question you're searching, i.e: Vectors. This may lead you to further explore these irrelevant topics, thereby leading to more time wasted on topics that will not be tested.

asduiashdi

HSC
Doing papers that are exact to your syllabus is vital in obtaining the right environment you'll experience when taking the real test. Delving into areas of different curriculums (VCE, TCE, etc) will only further your journey in establishing the foundation for skills specific to your syllabus. Going further than resources specific to your syllabus is futile and time-consuming as it will most definitely content you will not have studied and as seen from some of the older posts above^ I've discerned that you're searching for vectors. There may be additional topics that may be added on to the style of question you're searching, i.e: Vectors. This may lead you to further explore these irrelevant topics, thereby leading to more time wasted on topics that will not be tested.
ah that is very true, it's quite time consuming to find the relevant questions from past papers. Yep, I've got to make sure I don't waste time on topics that are not tested. Are there any resources that you would recommend for past papers or studying apart from thsc & acehsc for relatively new topics like vectors? Thank you for your help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)