Verbatim Theatre Embers Essay (1 Viewer)

gmparsons33

HSC
So for Verbatim Theatre the plays we're studying are Parramatta Girls and Embers and I'm happy with my rough essay scaffold for Parramatta but I'm struggling with how to outline everything for Embers, for example should I divide the paragraphs into the four parts of the play or do the events or what? I know it depends on the essay question but if anyone else is studying Embers and they could give me a hand that would be wonderful, thanks

piglet

HSC
I'm not doing Embers, but I am doing Parramatta Girls. I'm assuming that Embers has 4 categories/topics it explores, but either way in an essay there is little purpose of exploring all of the four parts. You should only write about what is relevant for the essay questions/thesis.
I would make a table and categories the four parts (linkages to the rubric - which you can find online, since only ideas expressed in the rubric you can be asked about) and write about your personal experience.
I know you wanted a response from someone doing the same text, but Drama on this forum isn't exactly most vivid and I really feel for you and wanted to help. Good luck :)

Linda3958

HSC
N/A
I am also doing Embers and Parramatta Girls - does anyone have any useful notes or draft essays that could help me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)