VERY CONFUSED on how to write a Caesar Essay... (1 Viewer)

Validity

HSC
1) I'm very confused at the moment and have no idea how to structure it nor have any idea of what i'm supposed to talk about in the essay ...
2) What ideas am i supposed to base my essay on? because questions can vary and i don't really want to regurgitate an essay ...
3) I understand there is some conflicting perspectives however isn't mod C - representation and text? what's that got to do with the character's perspectives

Please, i'm coming 5th last in my school and i REALLY want to ace my trials to gain some ranks! THANK YOU

nightweaver066

HSC
Yes, it is called Representation and text.

It's about the way things are presented affecting the way they are received.

One form of presenting things are through conflicting perspectives (your elective).

The way i tackled this module was considering Shakespeare's purpose in using conflicting perspectives - for what agenda? What is he trying to communicate? Is he trying to comment on humanity? Does he just want to make a character seem richer? Is he exploring the idea of power? What is he saying about it?

By the way, you don't have to discuss conflicting perspectives simply among characters. You can also talk about how your perspective conflicts with what you think Shakespeare is trying to say. You can talk about a character's inner conflict, i.e. Brutus.

So in the introduction, you present your thesis surrounding conflicting perspectives, answer question and intro the texts.

In your body paragraphs, first you should do is bring in your line of argument. For what purpose does the composer use conflicting perspectives? Then outline what they are. Now you go in to your analysis exploring the conflicting perspectives that support your line of argument.

I hope this helped.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
This module requires students to explore various representations of events, personalities or
situations. They evaluate how medium of production, textual form, perspective and choice
of language influence meaning
. The study develops students’ understanding of the
relationships between representation and meaning.

Each elective in this module requires the study of one prescribed text offering a
representation of an event, personality or situation. Students are also required to
supplement this study with texts of their own choosing which provide a variety of
representations of that event, personality or situation. These texts are to be drawn from a
variety of sources, in a range of genres and media.

Students explore the ways in which different media present information and ideas to
understand how various textual forms and their media of production offer different versions
and perspectives for a range of audiences and purposes

Students develop a range of imaginative, interpretive and analytical compositions that relate
to different forms and media of representation. These compositions may be realised in a
variety of forms and media.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)