• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

vet construction vs school of languages italian (1 Viewer)

somekindaway

HSC
I've just finished picking my HSC subjects for next yr and found out that my timetable doesn't align the way I needed it to. The subjects that I can choose from are ridiculous and the only one I'd really be a little bit interested in is construction, which is a tafe course run at school. I have not much interest in it, am not sure what you even learn in the subject or even how it scales in the HSC.

My other option is taking beginners italian via School Of Languages. Though I'm not sure how well I'd do in that, but I do like trying to learn languages.

I'm trying to get above 80 in my HSC.

Open to any opinions on which is a better fit.... Or just experiences in general in those subjects.

carrotsss

HSC
VET subjects are a ton of effort for not much reward ATAR-wise, unless you actually want/need the certificate. You have to do tons of work placements etc. which are often quite poorly timed around exam periods and are just generally a lot of extra effort outside of school which won't actually contribute to anything for your ATAR, and the exam is easy but a pain to study for and you have to do really well.

Overall, if you're planning to go to TAFE/into the workforce after school, then do construction, otherwise, if you're planning on going to uni I'd recommend Italian beginners.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)