• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Vietnam help (1 Viewer)

jojo1234

HSC
hey boys n grils iv got my final histroy assesment comming up and im finding the question a lil bit hard it is "why did america escalate its invlovment in Vietnam in 1964" any tips and links would be greatly appreached !!! thanks again !

megz2410

HSC
hey americas involvent grew because of their domino theory and because the where the greatest power and they felt it was there right to protect vietnam from comunism

Korrupt Soul

HSC
-like megz2410 said "americas involvent grew because of their domino theory",
the americans at the time precieved communism as like a virus of some sort as they were the opposed to whole capitalist ideaology.

-It was said by some famous american politician (rofl can't remeber who) that if they didn't stop communism in Vietnam the spread of communism would be so great that they soon would be fighting communism in san fancisco.

-and yeah it was the Cold War period in which the two major powers CCCP (USSR) and United States of America were passively having battles accross the globe. (Capitalism Vs Communism)

Correct me on these info if you want, i'm just trying to remember stuff i just learnt like 2 months ago :D .

Good Luck on your Assessment!

jojo1234

HSC
Thanks ppl much apprechted ill look into the domino theroy n such do u rekon that ill be able to tlak aobut it for ten minuites tho cos it is a speeh !!!

kc-ok-la

HSC
also,

america had a reputation to keep up amongst the world as a super power and demonstrate their ability to do whatever they felt like and win just like inww1 and 2

jojo1234

HSC
thanks boy and girls i did it yesterday i got 25/30 so im pretty happy with that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)