• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Virginia Andrews... (1 Viewer)

Rinni

HSC
Since Virginia Andrews rocks I thought she deserved her own thread :) I know a few ppl here are also aware of her awsomeness as for the rest of you...get out from under your rock and read her books!!!
I'm currently reading Garden of Shadows the last book in the Doll series.

HSC
i was borrowing books from the library, which i reserved, and the lady asked me if i wanted to borrow them all, and i said yes, i even looked at the titles ...but when i got home i realised that i borrowed two copies of Olivia :(

Anyways..i read Music in the Night and it is by far the saddest book i've read from VC Andrews :( I was crying half way and at the end :(

Garden of Shadows is pretty good ...she always puts the grandmothers story at the end

*hopeful*

HSC
:wave: i forget the titles cause i think i've read every single one from every old series (i knew someone who owned them all so used to just borrow off her)

all those new orphan mini-series' and stuff i've borrowed from the library, obviously not as good as the old stuff

and now that i have a bit of free time i gotta make another trip to the lib and stock up for the holidays, i always find the ones i've read 10 times rather than the ones i've only read 1 or 2 times :(

Keat

HSC
I'm currently reading "Rain" and I'm really liking it so far. Virginia Andrews would have to be one of my fave authors.

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
I'm currently reading 'seeds of yesterday', even though I've already read it before.

I just can't get enough of her books :'(
the storylines are always very interesting.

there's this really awesome series I read once, I just can't remember the title :(
it's about a girl who falls in love with this guy (Robert), and her grandmother goes against their relationship and tries to break them up....and then the girl turns crazy etc.

lol has anyone read this ^ book?

HSC
Unique thats the one i was talking about its Music in the night and its the Logan series...i love that book :)

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
Unique thats the one i was talking about its Music in the night and its the Logan series...i love that book :)
yeah, I think that's the one :)

do the main characters live near the sea or something. And I think the girl has an older brother? I think they were twins, not sure though :l
That book seriously made me cry :(

HSC
I know..i was crying half the time :(

And she did have a twin brother, who was over protective... And she loved Robert...

HSC
Rain is a totally different story...

Melodys mum was Haille..part of the Logan series

And Rain was in another saga..

*hopeful*

HSC
oh yes thats right thnx shifty, haille, who fakes her own death and runs away to become an actress or model or sumthin

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I never really took to Virginia Andrews, mainly because of the heavy emphasis of incest in many of her books. 'My Sweet Audrina' was an ok read though.

*hopeful*

HSC
kami said:
I never really took to Virginia Andrews, mainly because of the heavy emphasis of incest in many of her books.
haha yes! its in the majority of series' in one form or the other

HSC
i like virginia andrews, though the series has gotton quite repetative because of her 'shadow/ghost writers' whatever they are called.
i read Flowers in the Attic series and The Orphans one and some other one..The Wildflowers i think it was...all years ago..only a couple of years ago though, i read Dawn and i was getting into Ruby but then evil school got in the way ><

Her books are quite soap operaish and heavily melodramatic sometimes...but i still love it for its horrid trashiness!

HSC
I just found this old book in the house and realised it was by Virginia Andrews so this thread jooged my memory. It was called 'Secrets of the Morning' and I think it was the second in the 'Dawn' series which is why I probably don't get what's going on. But seriously the teacher guy in the book sounded just like Ridge off the Bold and the Beautiful... ew.

Rinni

HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
I just found this old book in the house and realised it was by Virginia Andrews so this thread jooged my memory. It was called 'Secrets of the Morning' and I think it was the second in the 'Dawn' series which is why I probably don't get what's going on. But seriously the teacher guy in the book sounded just like Ridge off the Bold and the Beautiful... ew.
Yeah I read SotM before Dawn but it's what got me really hooked on VA I'd read flowers before that but not for years, so the Cutler series was were my "obsession" began lol

kitkatkittyau

HSC
Read all 50 something books. They are all great except for the major incest themes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)