Viva Voce (1 Viewer)

wallflower

HSC
When is your Viva Voce?
Mine is in 2 weeks.
We're meant to have 50% of our draft completed by then (I don't think they really expect this, though.)
Any advice from past Viva's?

kloudsurfer

HSC
Mine was on thursday. I was totally freaked out about it like all week, but it turned out to be ok. It was actually kinda fun.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
Tomorrow... Oh noes.

I'm really scard about this - I haven't written as much as the others and I haven't done a lot of reasearch, as such. I thnk it's going to be a long night.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
yeah mine's at the beginning of next term but cos our class is so small ( we've gone from 9 to 4) it's all "negotiable" so if we were desperate the assessment could be moved around by a couple of weeks *shifty eyes* but why are you guys having yours already? wow i i don't even have a freaking draft yet

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
princesskt said:
ahh good luck... how did u go?
I never bothered to write a speech, so it was full of 'um's and 'ah's, and I repeated myself quite a bit. Still, I spoke for 45 minutes before any teacher got to speak for more than ten seconds.

Got 12/20. Very angry with myself.

HSC
aw i'm sorry BBS....12/20 isnt that bad!

Because of the restricted selection of emoticons..
here, have some..:spam:

:mad1:

oh and to the peeps doing there..g'luck

Mine isnt till about 3-4th week next term...ugh i havent touched my major for a loooooong time ><

HSC
bringbackshred said:
I never bothered to write a speech, so it was full of 'um's and 'ah's, and I repeated myself quite a bit. Still, I spoke for 45 minutes before any teacher got to speak for more than ten seconds.

Got 12/20. Very angry with myself.
45 minutes!?! Ours only goes for 12-15!

TDjie

♥ Hello ♥
HSC
I got 10/10 for my first. It went well, I just mindmapped the questions and thought about the main ideas I was going to talk about and it kind of just flowed from there. My second viva is on this Tuesday so.. yeah. I think it will be more difficult seeing as I don't have much of a draft to present. >:

jimmayyy

HSC
i've had two, one ages ago and one last week. first one i went crap - 13/20. i wasnt prepared, didn't have a plot, had hardly written anything etc etc

the one last week i think i killed. spoke fluently, no ums or repeating, had heaps to talk about etc etc. have to wait for a mark but yeah i'm confident.

i find vivas easy, perhaps because i'm a natural speakers and i get along well with the two teachers who mark it.

in fact, i'm most at ease when i'm talking to someone about something which i'm passionate about. i actually like them as assessments, i have them for music as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)