• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

VSU Debate (1 Viewer)

B

Bambul

For those who are a little confused about this whole VSU thing or want to know more about it, then I recommend two websites that have some good info:

The first is by Student Leader (an online student newspaper) and consists of both pro-VSU and anti-VSU material.
The second is by vsu.com.au (run by all the UNSW student organisations) and is an anti-VSU website .

I highly recommend people take some time to read about what the likely outcome of the changes under VSU will be and to consider the arguments for and against. I don't want to tell anyone what to think, but I would like it if you were to make an informed decision as to what your position is.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Despite being critisied..I find that Student Leader "tells it like it is" as opposed to SRC's blantantly biased view on things..

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
I support VSU. It allows students to choose whether or not they shell out their hard earned cash at the start of the year for services they may or may not use. The hippies saying 'VSU = No choice' (actual banner at UoW) have been hitting the peace pipe too hard.

If students want to support the union, they will continue to pay their student fees. It's up to the union to make them want to, rather than just guilt tripping them as they are now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)