• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Walking out. (1 Viewer)

J

jhakka

Ok, are you guys allowed to walk out after you finish your exams?

At the start of ours, a teacher usually says "Local rules apply. You can't leave until time is up."

Does everyone get that or is it just me?

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
At the HSC yes we can leave. In any other exams up to that point, no.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
same as xayma.
is the school allowed to stop you walking out when you've finished an hsc exam?
i know you can't leave in the first hour or in the last half hour (at least i think that's it...) but can they say that you aren't allowed to at all?

Gemstone

Yeah in HSC exams you can't leave in the first hour or it's considered a no serious attempt. And you can''t leave in the last half hour. I'm not entirely sure why that is but I think it's because they've gotta go through and maake sure everythings done correctly and your student number is on everything and that you filled out all the stuff right. Other than that you can leave whenever you want. The HSC exams aren't suppervised by your school so the school can't stop you leaving.

Gemma

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Gemstone said:
Yeah in HSC exams you can't leave in the first hour or it's considered a no serious attempt. And you can''t leave in the last half hour. I'm not entirely sure why that is but I think it's because they've gotta go through and maake sure everythings done correctly and your student number is on everything and that you filled out all the stuff right. Other than that you can leave whenever you want. The HSC exams aren't suppervised by your school so the school can't stop you leaving.

Gemma
No I think the time period at the end is to minimise disruptions to others, otherwise you would have the majority of people leaving with 15mins to go or 5 mins and if you have 80 people leaving in that time period eg for English its going to cause major disruption for others.

But Im with ryan why would you want to leave early, unless its SOR or something.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
:: ryan.cck :: said:
why would u want to.. seriously
hahaha yeah true. I'd be writing my lil ass off... and if I seriously finish before times up, I'm sure something will click and I'll realize I've forgotten something....

Gemstone

Xayma said:
No I think the time period at the end is to minimise disruptions to others, otherwise you would have the majority of people leaving with 15mins to go or 5 mins and if you have 80 people leaving in that time period eg for English its going to cause major disruption for others.

But Im with ryan why would you want to leave early, unless its SOR or something.
Oh right, yeah I guess it would be quiet disrupting. I have a scribe so I've never been in the exam room, so you have to excuse my ignorance of that sort of stuff. Anyway yeah I don't know why you'd walk out early though. I'd just stay there and read through everything and write anything I could think of.

Gemma

santaslayer

HSC
Until everyone finishes...
At uni you can walk out...except in the first and last 30mins...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I dont think we can walk out in the first and last 30 mins or something...mgith be an hour. I wouldnt walk out on any of mine anyway :p

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
some people at my school walked out as soon as the first hour was up.... and it was usually the same ppl each time....

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
School cant stop u from leaving, they're not even allowed in the exam room.

Some people leave because they just cant write any more, or dont really care. Some leave because they've genuinely done everything they can in the exam. i think it's cool that u can leave

kylie_robbo

Not allowed to leave in the first hour, or last fifteen minutes...

I left early for my Eng Trials, and my Eng teacher threatened me with death if I ever left an Eng exam early again...

I think it is pointless sticking around creating a nuisense of yourself to others who are still going on the exam when you have exhausted your brain's capacity ten times over... Trying to entertain yourself with 20+mins left (even just attempting [or succeeding] to sleep) is a real distraction to lots of people... Better to sit somewhere near the door and slip out quietly if you know that you won't take up all the time in the exam.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
My school said "We heavily frown upon those who choose to leave the exam early" Pfft, theres a good window of 5 minutes to run away from the Religion exam once youve smashed it, and finished it.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Principal gave us an hour long speech about not leaving early, how it disrupts people yada yada...

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
^ Mine did that for the school certificate.

I'll probably leave early for SOR1 next year.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
People I know will definately be leaving because they just don't care. Although I will probably finish early in some exams I won't be leaving early anyway, except maybe IPT because i finished that with almost 40 minutes left in the trials and that is my last exam.

I know definately you can't leave in the first hour or last 15 minutes. And your school can't stop you its got nothing to do with them.

I'm actually happy the people who don't care can leave after an hour. They are morons and they may as well not be around.

And its no more of a disturbance to other people than the constant stream of people getting up to go to the toilet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)