• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

WAM for transferring (1 Viewer)

xceptional

HSC
hi ppl!

wat WAM in first yr is required to transfer to medicine at UNSW?

thankxxx

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
You're gonna need more than just a decent WAM to transfer to Med methinks. Interviews and miscellaneous other things might be necessary.

hotpot

HSC
I think what xcaptional meant was wat wam would actually give you an good chance?

LIke uai wise, unsw "says" they want 95+ but how many ppl is there with 95 who gets into unsw? After my interviews last year, I had asked one of the selectors what the mean and range was and i think 90% of the ppl had an uai of 99+

hotpot

HSC
i think im in the same boat as xceptional... and unless anyone else has a better answer, i think everyone would agree with me that as high as possible is needed =/

lala2

Banned
HSC
Well, according to the attachment in the post I quoted, maintaining an HD average over your first year of your course gives you a rank of 99.5 ish. Average that with your UAI, and then think about what sort of UMAT you'd need and how well you'd need to go with your interview. It's always best just to try and do your best, but that's a realistic assumption of what GPA/WAM you'd need to aim for--note the difference between a GPA of 6 giving you a rank of about 96, and a GPA of 7 giving you a rank of about 99.5. I don't think a credit average would do you any good, and a distinction may not be safe depending on what your UAI was.

Sepulchres

t3h sultan
HSC
It says on the UNSW medicine website that if you have a 98 UAI then you'd need all distinctions and one HD to maintain that 98. So yea, somewhere along the lines of that would be good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)