Warm up at home (1 Viewer)

Wolf47

HSC
Hello again, I was wondering what warm ups can I do simply at home to get the muscles in my upper body, essentially 'warmed up'?

Basically when I'm at the gym I use the rowing machine to warm up, however at home I don't have that luxury at home so I'm at a loss for an idea of how to warm up my upper body. I do have a punching bag which I occasionally use to warm up, but I'm not sure if thats the best thing to do starting with cold muscles

I know its definitely going to be more beneficial if I warm up prior to working out and I had a look online and saw this: Warmup if any fitness experts out there would care to evaluate the upper body warm ups it would be greatly appreciated. Also, would push ups and sit ups be alright for a warm up on their own?

My work out is going to involve: lifting weights (I have dumbbells), chin ups (on my chin up bar), push ups and sit ups.

Last edited:

quik.

HSC
Stretches decrease muscle performance for around ~20min after they are done. So if you do long warmups, do them first.

As far as actual warmup goes, pushups, some chins, and some bicycle work should be fine. Limber up (hard to explain... swing your arms in circles and across your chest etc). For your first exercise, and I'm assuming you order them right so have a compound exercise first, warm up on that working towards your working weight. For example: Bench press of 80kg. Set of 8-10 with 40 on the bar. Set of 8-10 with 60 on the bar. Working sets. Rest of workout as normal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)