waste of money? (1 Viewer)

fx82au

HSC
is the '2020 HSC English Advanced and Standard (Paper 1) Exam Workbook' from nesa a good investment, or should i just save my money, and focus my time on past papers, and trial papers that are freely available?

1662526412334.png

english adv is my weakest subject, in terms of not knowing how to assess myself (like everyone else out there...), so what are your guys thoughts?

yanujw

HSC
The NESA "workbook" is not really a resource for practicing. It basically has the paper, full mark responses for each section as written by students in the exam, and some commentary from the markers. Basically it helps you see what makes a good response, but doesn't really help you practice your own skills.

IMO it's not worth it since you'd be paying for the whole book while only looking at a few responses (for the prescribed texts your school does). See if your school library has it or look for exemplary essays online.

fx82au

HSC
The NESA "workbook" is not really a resource for practicing. It basically has the paper, full mark responses for each section as written by students in the exam, and some commentary from the markers. Basically it helps you see what makes a good response, but doesn't really help you practice your own skills.

IMO it's not worth it since you'd be paying for the whole book while only looking at a few responses (for the prescribed texts your school does). See if your school library has it or look for exemplary essays online.
thanks for the response. Ill check after my prelims if my school has the book or not. Ill try and request the book if not, as my school library is getting a renovation, and i guess they need more books to fill up the semi-empty shelves

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)