• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

waste of paper! (3 Viewers)

so, do u agree?

• yes

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • no

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • dont care

Votes: 11 29.7%

• Total voters

mojako

HSC
with the many number of electives in some courses, do you think it's time schools and the board of studies take data on what students are doing before actual exam and print only the part that he/she does? It's such a waste of paper...

and just look at subjects who have only 1 question on a page (english is one..)... they should print all questions on 1 page!! and those prescribed texts should be in small prints!!!!

Last edited:
HSC
i like spaced out questions coz it doesn't look as cramped....especially in maths, it's a lot easier to see the question and the chances of missing a question is quite high when it's cramped..

Uncouth

HSC
N/A
During year 10 we had a mathematics exam the size of a mini mathematics textbook and we had an hour and twenty minutes to do it all. I kid you not and I'm not exaggerating. :eek:

Needless to say, no one came close to finishing it. After we complained about it, one of the staff tried to do the paper and agreed that they did go quote "a little overboard" so we got allocated another period to finish. Of course the mathematics test wasn't fair. It was almost promoting people to cheat... but even with two hours and forty minutes I didn't finish the exam.

So yes. My point is that the Board of Studies is bad, but still nowhere near as bad as my high school.

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
Uncouth said:
During year 10 we had a mathematics exam the size of a mini mathematics textbook and we had an hour and twenty minutes to do it all. I kid you not and I'm not exaggerating. :eek:

Needless to say, no one came close to finishing it. After we complained about it, one of the staff tried to do the paper and agreed that they did go quote "a little overboard" so we got allocated another period to finish. Of course the mathematics test wasn't fair. It was almost promoting people to cheat... but even with two hours and forty minutes I didn't finish the exam.

So yes. My point is that the Board of Studies is bad, but still nowhere near as bad as my high school.
um, how is that relevant?

Xu

dangerous driver
HSC
N/A
Uncouth said:
My point is that the Board of Studies is bad, but still nowhere near as bad as my high school.
tee hee.. I think he made his/her point there! I think that there are heaps worse paperuseruppers that the BOS, like Woolooware High School.. if you thinker thats a waste of paper, I can scan in an exam paper of mine from last year! THEN you can see who wastes more paper!

mojako

HSC
Xu said:
tee hee.. I think he made his/her point there! I think that there are heaps worse paperuseruppers that the BOS, like Woolooware High School.. if you thinker thats a waste of paper, I can scan in an exam paper of mine from last year! THEN you can see who wastes more paper!
mm i should change my first post to include all schools...

mojako

HSC
Auto Wah said:
/not on mIRC, are we???

i agree, why do the trees have to suffer? what did the tree ever do to us??
i didnt expect anyone to us mIRC here... do many ppl?

porge

sorry, you've missed me
HSC
N/A
cos apparently people dont care...

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
there is a mIRC channel if you havent notice

nopes not mIRC, msn plus also use '/me'

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
cramped papers suck majorly. I missed a question in my ipt paper coz the questions were cramped. luckily it was only worth 3 marks, and i kicked ass in school rankings.....but even then, i came home and cried. lol.

mojako

HSC
dark`secrets said:
there is a mIRC channel if you havent notice
really? what server and what channel?

dark`secrets said:
nopes not mIRC, msn plus also use '/me'
more correctly said, that program just adds support for IRC command :p

mojako

HSC
Navjeet said:
cramped papers suck majorly. I missed a question in my ipt paper coz the questions were cramped. luckily it was only worth 3 marks, and i kicked ass in school rankings.....but even then, i came home and cried. lol.
u should read papers more carefully..
not the fault of the cramped structure..

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
mojako said:
u should read papers more carefully..
not the fault of the cramped structure..
yes, very true, but the fact that it was cramped and there was limited time didnt really help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)