• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Wasting time when I should be studying. (1 Viewer)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I can't do even basic maths for more than 1 minute without getting really, really bored. I was doing an IQ test a couple days ago and there were maths questions in it and I barely managed to do them without just saying 'screw it' and guessing the answers instead.

jackmurray1989

Mr Mature
HSC
I get distracted too easily. I decide what I'm going to do, crack open my book, lay out all my working, get all my pens set up for neat work, and then check msn.

No study gets done after that.

I'm thinking about giving Dad my internet cable for the second week, just so I don't fail the trials.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
maths is probably the only subject i can study continuously for a few hours straight
for the others i cant do that
maybe im just asian

HSC
and binomial probability. there is also 2u probability and that's more or less the same level as general maths probablility, or so i am told.

litany

Helpfool
HSC
When I actually sit down and do maths, I am constantly amazed that time flies as it does.

The problem for me is actually sitting down and doing it. When I do get started, at least 2-3 hours pass by without notice.

litany

Helpfool
HSC
I had a maths exams yesterday.

Did maths 13 hours in a row the day before it.

My point? I agree. :p

jackmurray1989

Mr Mature
HSC
litany said:
When I actually sit down and do maths, I am constantly amazed that time flies as it does.

The problem for me is actually sitting down and doing it. When I do get started, at least 2-3 hours pass by without notice.
Far out. I work for about 5 minutes (I usually get through about half a complex problem) before I start drawing doodles and day dreaming. I need about 7 cups of coffee before I can stay focused for more than half an hour.

SoulSlayer

HSC
jemsta said:
maths is probably the only subject i can study continuously for a few hours straight
for the others i cant do that
maybe im just asian
That's the reason why.

HSC
Lol doubt that.

I can too study maths for infinite perioids of time...once I start.

The problem is starting, it takes so much effort, I can never bring myself to do anything :p

But once I do, I'll be up till 1am, making sure everything is done and up-to-date.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)