• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

wat do u's think? (1 Viewer)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
well someone said dat u need 2 study business or legal in HSC to do a commerce degree.........

but i checked the uac guide n it says dat assumed knowledge for commerce at usyd is maths ext......

wat do u's think???

Huy

HSC
N/A
If it's assumed knowledge, you would have had to have known something about it.

If it's a prerequisite, you definately needed to have done it.

If they're making an assumption about what you do (or do not) know, then let's leave it at that -- an assumption. I think it would help to have done Business Studies or Legal Studies, but not compulsory.

Just go with Maths Extension 1, but if you did the other subjects, it couldn't hurt. :)

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
i didn't do the other subjects...so wud i be at a disadvantage when compared 2 those who did??

btw , huy wat r u doing next yr??

Huy

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by elizabethy
so wud i be at a disadvantage when compared 2 those who did??
If it is a prerequisite, you would (I imagine) be required to complete bridging courses and get yourself up to speed with others, in terms of assumed knowledge -- being at the same level (on par) with your classmates.

I think what you'll end up doing would be the bridging courses, as you had not (previously) completed Business Studies or Legal Studies -- I can't be certain, but I would assume that you'd need to have a level of knowledge before being accepted into the course. Are you at a disadvantage? From my point of view, yes, if you haven't done the other subjects before, I think you'd be at a disadvantage in terms of what you know, before even beginning such a course.
huy wat r u doing next yr?
I haven't decided yet, but I think I will be taking a Science course, or Engineering course at the University of NSW - I haven't had time to think about my preferences yet, so I'll wait until after Christmas (and after LOTR-ROTK) to think about my options.

Thanks for asking, elizabethy. :)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
If u are worried about not doing any business/eco in high school, then don't - all the first year courses are taught on the assumption u have never studied business/eco at all (which may or may not bore u)

Rahul

Dead Member
i'll be doing a commerce degree, and i didnt do bst, eco or legal.
most courses have either prerequisites/assumed knowledge of maths[2, 3 or 4 unit, depending on course], english and/or sciences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)