• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

wat SHULD i do? (1 Viewer)

MushROOM HeaD

HSC
heya fellow chemists ..

alright well iwanted to ask all of you .. i am like totally freaking out for my chemistry theory half yearly ...
:cold:
an i wanted to no what is tha most effective way to study and what are the best books to buy on the topic? so far ive got tha excel book .. well its a start lol

also .. for those people doing the tritration practical .. guess what my teacher totally stuffed us over .. giving us a liquid that like didn't react to any indicator .. waste of an hour i tell ya ... well to make up for it she gave us another 15 min pft .. but tha totally stuffed up my calculations cause i got confused with which was tha unknown and which was tha known .. hope tha doesn't happen to you

good luck all :apig:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
We can't tell you what the best way to study is, everyone is different and you have to try different methods and see what works best for you. With textbooks, I would recommend Conquering Chemistry and Chemistry Contexts 2, which cover the course quite comprehensively when used together, also the excel guide is not very good in my opinion.

Monstar

HSC
Just write out notes on the syllabus and read until it has been drilled into your head.. and do calculation questions.

i was surprised (positive way) how my chemistry half yearly went after i did that

so do that.. good luck

BTW
i did this 2 days before the test.. BUT i suggest you NOT do that.

good luck

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

Using the books they mentioned, learn off by heart the syllabus dot points, and any important pracs i.e. titrations, testing alkanes and alkenes, fermentation. ANd almost certain that they will ask something about a biopolymer, so just research one up. eg cellulose or PHA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)