• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

wat to do? wat to do?? (1 Viewer)

Gummy_bear

HSC
Hi y'all :)
i was wondering your opinions.. im doing twelfth night for costume design, and since ive pretty much known how im going to do it since the beggining of the year, ive not really got hat many notes or ideas or different sketches. so, do you guys think that i should stick in info on william skakespeare, like what influenced him and how HE set his plays up and stuff? because ive really not even got half the book full (its A3) and ive already got my sketches and i know what im going to do, at least for 3 characters and im still working on the 4th and my prelims are pretty much done to.
ive also put in (just to fill up space) my ideas for different layouts for the actual renderings, like where the fabric and the quote will go and stuff.
so...getting back to the question, should i find info on willy and stick it on as if its a reference type thing? or do you have any other suggestions for me?

one more thing....can someone tell me what im supposed to put in my design concept?

thankyou! sorry for rattling on, but i thought i should tell you the whol situation! :)

Mishelli

HSC
Hey! I think you should definatly put some stuff in there about willy! lol
I'm doing "The Herbal Bed" (its about shakspears daughter) and I have stuff on the age of shakespeare, his costumes, I have reviews on the plays, pictures from magazines, charactor profiles, symbolizm, pictures of past performances, etc etc,basically just anything related to the topic or that looks like it is, it just makes it look like you have investigated the play and its coscepts to the fullest extent and that you have an excelent understanding of the play (even if you don't), and just anything that looks like it could have been insperational.

And the design concept? is that the directors rational?
I think that is just the directors veiw, like imagine your the director and talk about your idea of how the play is going to look, how he costumes reflect the charactors personalitys ad are linked to the scenes that they apeare in........ um i think thats what it is, I hvent gotten up to that part yet! lol
I'm just going to scab info from my teacher!
anyway hope that helped!

Michelle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)