• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Watching proffesional plays (1 Viewer)

xraycat_2

Hey, does ne1 find, now that some of us can call ourselves 'actors' that we can play roles better than some of the ppl on stage?
3 years ago or so i wouldve looked at them in admiration thinking "whoa, i could never do that"
now, I see a lot of actors that I think shouldnt be on there at all

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
dw... i think we all do that.

i think its because we've seen how hard it is to get into the industry, yet these talentless people are in and we think "but there no good" its like with films as well.

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
yeh.... but then its just us tryin to make ourselves feel better as well. i mean,
for eg. if your at an audition... and of sourse theres this overwhelming nervousness.... and you pray to god that you'll remember your lines, blah blahl blahj...and whenever you see someone stuff up.. even though you feel sorry for them and stuff, theres a lil sinister part of you happy coz it means your chances of makin it through are even more.....
ok. i dont know what that eg. was tryin to back up... but we appreciate much more what is being put into drama. the whole "its not as easy as it looks!" thing. so .. nothing seems impossible in the realm of drama! we all do it. thats why i suppose we're also sometimes very critical of other performers.
oh. blargh!!! what the hell am i on about?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)