• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Watching then reading (2 Viewers)

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I have just finished reading Da Vinci code after watching the movie, and what I've noticed is that my second reading felt very different to the first. I'm pretty sure it's the movie that has changed how I originally imagined the characters when I first read the book.
I was just curious if you have also experienced something similar.

jameso7

HSC
well i'm just reading the da vinci code now, and don't wanna go see the movie till i finish the book. but with lots of other things i agree with what you said, like harry potter, lord of the rings, and many others. the way you think all the characters and places look changes, and the way things happen. i much prefer having them undefined by a movie, and just leaving it up to my imagination.

Jookie

HSC
I heard the ending in the movie is TOTALLY different from the book, so it might not matter whether you see one before the other. I'm not sure though, I haven't seen the movie, only read the book.

s2indie

HSC
Because I read the book ages ago, I didn't really remember how it went cept throughout the course of the movie, I'll be like "OH! I remember this!" and so on.
But yeh, my perceptions on how the characters act and look was totally different to the movie.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Pretty much what i imagined, except what Langton would like it. The movie was pretty shit though IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)