Wats better Toning or Strength? (1 Viewer)

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Hi,

just wondering

cause im goin to gym and finding it so damn difficult to become toned. Maybe i got too much body fat lo, ^_^

peoples,

wats the best way for toning?
Or is strength better?

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
If you want to get toned, lower your bodyfat. You can do as much weight exercises as possible but you'll never see muscle whilst fat is over the top of it.

The best way to get toned-low bodyfat (circa 10%) combined with other exercises e.g crunches.

"wats the best way for toning?
Or is strength better?"

I don't understand what you're saying there.

DJ_Cam

Insecure Teen
HSC
N/A
You can have both. You could start a bodybuilding or powerlifting routine to gain strength, and then weed bodyfat down(once youve gained a fair amount of strength/muscle mass) to get that toned look. If you don't know much about weight lifting routines etc, I'd be willing to explain if you wish.

adsta

HSC
You start toning when you have gained lots of muscle. If you haven't got much now, when you tone up, you will look like a stick.
As for which is better. Thats up to you. But unless you are fat and want to loose some weight (good on you if thats what your doing), if you don't want to gain strength, why are you going to the gym?

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
gordo said:
as if u can be fucked going to a gym
You can be fucked on your way to anything, just a matter of luck really.

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Vangineer said:
Hi,

just wondering

cause im goin to gym and finding it so damn difficult to become toned. Maybe i got too much body fat lo, ^_^

peoples,

wats the best way for toning?
Or is strength better?
If you have quite a bit of body fat and u want the toned look... You have 2 hit the cardio FIRST...
Bike, rowing or running on the treadmill stacked with light weights...
Nutrition is also something ur gunna have 2 watch as u prolly know...
High reps are the best way 2 tone when u've reached the level of muscularity u want...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)