• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Ways which you make study notes are made (1 Viewer)

Traveller0901

HSC
So basically, I've handwritten all my study notes from year 7 and onwards and now that I'm in year 12, is it worthwhile to change it up and type it (as i know there'll be MUCH more content i need to cover) or should i stick with handwriting it? How do you guys make your study notes?

HSC
Hand write notes for every syllabus dot point and then summaries by typing when you get some time. That's what I'll be doing anyway just gotta stop procrastinating god dammit, its a killer!

Aysce

HSC
I usually write my notes as I retain information much better as opposed to typing. Although, I did retype more notes to improve them before exams :)

enoilgam

HSC
Minority opinion here, but I retained information better through typing notes. Typing allowed me to organise my notes better which allowed me to retain the information in a more effective and efficient manner. However, as I always say, study is about finding what works for you.

captainpigs

Tutor and Note Seller
HSC
Uni Grad
Type the notes, then for revision write them out. Its better to get as much details as possible in typed notes, and then abbreviate for your memory in written notes.

Dash8

HSC
I typed detailed summaries and then summarized this further by handwriting. I seem to remember stuff better if I hand write.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
So basically, I've handwritten all my study notes from year 7 and onwards and now that I'm in year 12, is it worthwhile to change it up and type it (as i know there'll be MUCH more content i need to cover) or should i stick with handwriting it? How do you guys make your study notes?
Typing it allows you to edit it when you like, you cannot slot images in the middle of written notes. I would say type.

RishBonjour

HSC
imo, for notes typing is the best way as you will tend to pick up things throughout the year and significantly edit past content. write it out IF IT HELPS and if time permits.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
One more thing, if you lose your notes, you can just reprint them, this is not the case with handwritten notes.

nightweaver066

HSC
Type up detailed notes and get them just the way you like.

Then write out concise notes, trying to condense them as much as you can (try not to copy things word for word). There's more freedom in writing as you can draw pictures or diagrams freely wherever you want.

S1MZ8

HSC
Type them out.
I used to also think that handwriting was the way to go, but i realised it was just wasting my time. Just type it out, then read over, highlight, get the jist of the main points etc, then write out the ones you have trouble with getting. Then do some pratice questions/past papers to put your knowledge into practice.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I found typing out my notes better because you can easily edit them and add in diagrams, and later on once your more comfortable with the content you can easily cut back to the main points. But for revision, I would write out my notes just to help me retain the information.

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
Hand write notes for every syllabus dot point and then summaries by typing when you get some time. That's what I'll be doing anyway just gotta stop procrastinating god dammit, its a killer!
+1

I'll find it impossible to go on the computer and work without a set task at hand.

Examine

same
HSC
Yeah I would type it out. Although you'll retain info better with writing you can always spend the time you have continually revising and highlighting your notes to make up for it (which may probably take less time).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)