website / web hosting options: advice needed (1 Viewer)

N.U.G.

HSC
hey guys,

I'm interested in having a real basic website made and I'm looking for advice in choosing a web host as I'm totally new to this.

Things I need/want;
- my own doman e.g. www.nugproductioncs.com
- my own email address e.g. nug@nugproductions.com

shiiit, that's all I can really think of... if anyone has any advice about other features I need to consider it would be good.

A free web option would be dope but if I have to pay a lil something then that's cool too...

holla

sunny

meh.
HSC
If you want your own domain name, you'll most likely have to pay. You can probably shop around yourself, but I'm with these guys: http://www.mdwebhosting.com.au/

Pay upfront $10 a month and best part is the domain name gets thrown in for free.

N.U.G.

HSC
^^^

thanks for the info.

just another questions, if I decided not to have a website and I just wanted the email address of nug@nugproductions.com, would that involve registering a domain name or would there be another option?

i'm thinking I may just be able to use Soundclick or MySpace as a free and easy website option but I do really want my own specific email address

any suggestions?

thanks

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
If you want your own domain email, you'll need to own the domain, but you don't need to pay for hosting - you can set it to forward your email to your current email address.

If you're only looking for space, check with your ISP because they may offer you webspace as part of your connection.

If you purchase webhosting, you have a range of features to choose from. Some are more technical than others and of course some are more expensive than others - I currently pay about $50/yr + $15/yr for an extra domain.

sunny

meh.
HSC
You still need the domain name. The two (domain+webspace) usually come in packages to make it easier. Just getting email hosting is possible, but then you'd still need to supply the domain name yourself, and getting the two separately might cost more than what the domain+webspace (which includes email) packages already offer you.

Afterall theres nothing wrong with having some extra webspace sitting there hosting pictures and media files if you're doing promotions - having a professional looking address would help too.

N.U.G.

HSC
i just pais $10US for a domain name for a year at GoDaddy

included with that is basic free web hosting and one free email address so it seems to suit my current needs

thanks for your help

waliyak

HSC
N/A
Hello friend,

I remember asking the same question myself a month ago. i tried many hosting services but at the end of the day you have pay a great deal of amount just to get a good hosting service. but however i tried Web technologies Queensland. they are an Australian company which beats most of the competitor prices when it comes to web hosting. anyhoo this is the program i have used to hire a webmaster to maintain my website. hope this helps

http://www.webtechnologyqueensland.com/hire-a-webmaster.php

fatduckling

HSC
I know one for around ~$35-40 a year. Unlimited hosting, bandwidth and email accounts.
I use it and if you need any help with that, just pm me.
It's called iPage web hosting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)