• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

weird virus? (1 Viewer)

allmightyvic

Just recently, I noticed that my CD-RW/DVD combo drive in me laptop has stopped working fully. I can burn things in nero, and continue a multisession in nero, and still be able to see the old files on the CD, BUT.. the problems come in 'my computer', when i goto the CD drive, no matter what CD I insert, the CD comes up as blank.

I've ruled out a hardware problem since nero can read the stuff fine, so could this be a virus of some sort?

I use AVG FREE edition, fully updated...

thnx

sunny

meh.
HSC
Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the CD ROM drive in Device Manager?

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
doubt it's a driver issue or a virus...

most likely a dirty cd drive

use a vacuum cleaner or blow into the drive.

hmm laptop....maybe use some pure clearning alchole on the laser.....if the laser in on the tray

astro

HSC
as ignorant as this may sound....do you have to take off the back cover of the computer to vacuum cleaner or can you leave it on coz i've neva really opened the tower b4? My cd burner (pc) will not burn anything using media player.....it can burn cd to cd

sunny

meh.
HSC
as ignorant as this may sound....do you have to take off the back cover of the computer to vacuum cleaner or can you leave it on coz i've neva really opened the tower b4?
That should be fine, as long as you don't go poking things and touching everything inside :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)