welcome to the uts forum (1 Viewer)

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
ooh ahh, a uts forum.

i don't suppose by chance anyone else is doing visual communications there?

the main building looks like a jenga tower :)

HSC
N/A
you're doing visual communications?
that's what I want to do (I think)
can I ask what your UAI was

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
my uai was 97.95, but the cutoff for the course this year was 92 point something, having fallen from 94 point something the year before (can't remember the exact figures).

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
i don't understand why everyone thinks uts is so frickin ugly... like people have actually told me that they dun wanna go there just cos of the appearance and i think that's just wanky......... it looks fine to me..!

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
um UTS is host of sydneys concrete mostrosity in the form of tower 1. It is sydneys uglyest building!!

Last edited:

kini mini

HSC
I've been a member of the UTS fencing club for a few years, but despite pointed questions about which uni I'm going to I chose UNSW :D.

The UTS fencing club has very profesional lessons with all equipment provided, it's a very well-resourced club. Training is Mon & Wed nights :).

BTW I don't think UTS is *that* ugly. That tower on Broadway isn't great to look at, but it's not really awful. It's no reason for dismissing it as a uni option either :)

routemarker

Looking for the Way out ?
HSC
well ill give you that one a uni is a uni IMO you get a degree and that all that really matters isnt it?

natew

Digital Arts

Hi i was wondering if any one had any info on what the Digital Arts in Film course is like at the UTS? is there another uni better?

schwang_thang

Originally posted by routemarker
um UTS is host of sydneys concrete mostrosity in the form of tower 1. It is sydneys uglyest building!!
yeah i agree
ever since we were in yr 9 n started going out 2 the city we'd say 'omgosh look at that ugly bulding stick out like an eyesore, im not ever goin there!'...even up until november-ish, UTS wasn't in my preferences bcos i couldnt stand going to a box (as opposed 2 usyd). neways in the end all the gud stuff i heard abt UTS' law & biz courses made me pick it...UTS is gud...but only if u look past the buildings

SaveFerris

I have to admit that I was initially turned off by the UTS tower building because it didn't look like a "real" university (I had grand visions of studying at USyd or UMelb based almost entirely on the fact I liked their respective atmospheres). When uni became more of a reality, though, and I did some more research, I discovered that UTS has a great reputation for Communications and, also, an impressive International Studies program. The people I talked to on the Advisory Day were convincing enough for me, so UTS moved up my list of preferences from like No. 5 to No. 1!

Walking into it, though, it does feel a little like going to work in an office building...

Supaneo

I'm planning to do an IT course at UTS...

Just wondering if i can get some feedback
and personal opinions on different IT courses
UTS have to provide... Good and Bad?

I'm looking at
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Innovation

Cut off: 87.5 UAI

Thanks,

Vinh

hurrotisrobbo

Cabbage
HSC
Originally posted by SaveFerris
Walking into it, though, it does feel a little like going to work in an office building...
Getting you used to your future, perhaps? :D

As for 'Supaneo,' isn't appending a huge 'look-at-me' signature at the end of each post a tad egotistical (I won't start on Copious...)?

AcCeSs-DeNieD

the trick is for the UTS building is when ur looking at it..... you gotta turn ur head and squint a little.... and it looks like some futuristic semi-camoflagued building in a whole area by itself.... since after all its the only tall building around its area....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)