Wendy's Guide to Reykjavik (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Following McLake's thread about London. I'll offer my services in providing any information you might want to know about Iceland, and in particular Reykjavik, the northern most capital in the world.

HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
i have seen it in a photo once. it looks small and cold and windy.
It's not a huge city. but that comes with it's advantages. And it's only really cold during the winter months.

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
I've been there...there is a giant pond and lots of birds. oo i went out to the blue lagoon thermal springs, they were amazing but the smell of sulfur was so overwhelming i got a huge headache.
I was there in summer and it was 13/14 degrees....cold

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
yes yes but i am australian. Its okay though because i have lived in england for 4 years and do not feel the cold until it hits 0 degrees, but am still aware that it is cold and people are looking at me strangely because i am wearing a skirt and thongs and it is 5 degrees out...

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I get the same looks. Especially in winter where everyone is rugged up because it is 15 degrees and I'm outside in thongs, a skirt and light top.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
my questions: why are you there and commenting here? do they have international schools with HSC in iceland?

what is the political structure of iceland? democracy?

what do most people do? industry? fishing?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Ice Queen Wendy said:
Yeah, I get the same looks. Especially in winter where everyone is rugged up because it is 15 degrees and I'm outside in thongs, a skirt and light top.
pics plz.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I'll answer this for you.

She's not in Iceland at the moment, she's in Australia studying at that fine tertiary insitution of the University of Wollongong. She's here because she's friends with me along with a bunch of others who also float around on here and on #hsc. We lured her here with promises of free drinks and... well it was just the free drinks.

HSC
N/A
Raiks said:
I'll answer this for you.

She's not in Iceland at the moment, she's in Australia studying at that fine tertiary insitution of the University of Wollongong. She's here because she's friends with me along with a bunch of others who also float around on here and on #hsc. We lured her here with promises of free drinks and... well it was just the free drinks.
That's not true. You also promised me a really good way to procrastinate. :D

And to answer the questions:

It's a constitutional republic. And from what I've learned, something Australia was trying to become, but never managed.

Big industries are fishing, manufacturing, finance, and technology, both IT and Biotech. The other big one is Alluminum, since with all the electricity available, producing it is cheap. But fishing is the big one, as it's historically been the backbone of Ísland.

Yes, I live near bjork, just as everyone in Australia lives near that Crocodile Dundee guy. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)