• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Were u at the Orimbah Seminar Day?? (21/11/03) (2 Viewers)

D

Desperado

I went!
I had a post further down but no one said they were goin
it was ok, some of it was a bit suss
which sessions did u go to and what skool u from

boz-foogle

Banned
Hi!
I went 2 the OURIMBAH seminarz and I thought dat dey were totally sweet. That idea about the cars and the parties and the different carz dat the thief stole was TOTALLY RADICAL AND I FLIPPED OUT OF MY CHAIR AND THREW NUN-CHUCKS ALL OVER THE PLACE WHEN I HEARD IT. I hope dat MY ext 2. maj wrk will b as good as dat 1. C U GUYZ LATR!

Sephiroth

Yo dude. We be hangin' in da crib. S-weeet--a!!!1!

However, on a more serious note, I was in attendance. Apart from doting me with a written structure with which to organise myself, I felt that the day on the whole was shit. I also feel that 96.2% of the students there will be placed in band "1" when they recieve their final mark.

"And then, like, she steals cars in her search for identity. And she like totally ADOPTS the PERSONALITY of the car (totally). So like in a Datsun she's all like "Bogan" and then in a BMW she's so totally classy."

May I point out that this excerpt is a constituent piece of what I deem to be the most fundamentally stupid plot I have born witness to. I hope that the girl who first uttered it dies a slow and painful death.

Gregor Samsa

That Guy
HSC
Re: Yo dude. We be hangin' in da crib. S-weeet--a!!!1!

Originally posted by Sephiroth
However, on a more serious note, I was in attendance. Apart from doting me with a written structure with which to organise myself, I felt that the day on the whole was shit. I also feel that 96.2% of the students there will be placed in band "1" when they recieve their final mark.

"And then, like, she steals cars in her search for identity. And she like totally ADOPTS the PERSONALITY of the car (totally). So like in a Datsun she's all like "Bogan" and then in a BMW she's so totally classy."

May I point out that this excerpt is a constituent piece of what I deem to be the most fundamentally stupid plot I have born witness to. I hope that the girl who first uttered it dies a slow and painful death.
I agree, I mean..Sounds 'thrilling' ;). Did she perchance expound upon the thrilling conclusion, and how the personality of each horseless carriage is to be reflected in the text? If so, do tell..

Never went to any study days back in the day.

cleopatra

Cleopatra
"Dear God; make me a bird, so i can fly far, far a
HSC
Well thanks alot Sephiroth, cos funnily enough that was me...and that is my plot. but...because you're free to have your opinion...thanks for the constructive critisism. If i may ask...what are you going to do yours on?? Maybe you could teach me a thing or two about what the perfect plot is suposed to be...because i obviously dont know. (Funny that, considering i've never done any writing like this in my whole life)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by cleopatra
Well thanks alot Sephiroth, cos funnily enough that was me...and that is my plot. but...because you're free to have your opinion...thanks for the constructive critisism. If i may ask...what are you going to do yours on?? Maybe you could teach me a thing or two about what the perfect plot is suposed to be...because i obviously dont know. (Funny that, considering i've never done any writing like this in my whole life)
dont take any notice of sephi, your story is your story, he isnt marking so dont worry

aud

HSC
I went... except I had to be at the train station in the morning at 5:45... :( and didn't get home until 5pm... grr at lack of trains... but I went to all the critical analysis ones - were really, really good, helped sort a lot of things out... the speaker just happened to be writing a paper at the same time on a similar subject as me so I got to talk to her as well... :D Anyway, if anyone's doing critical and they want the notes, I'll type them up for you...

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Gosh, I guess Sephiroth wasn't expecting THAT to happen. Hey, everyone does have their own opinion, but also everyone is entitled to write what they want.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
hehe anyone realise sephi left as soon as he realised that mistake haha

cleopatra

Cleopatra
HSC
Oi...i wasnt REALLY intending to be harsh...much. It just came across that way ;) I just think it's soooo funny that outta every1, he bagged out mine...TO ME!!!!! Ha...what luck. Anyway he's rite, cos i dont even think i can write it anymore...im over it.

matty_boi17

HSC
N/A
AUD! If you could send me the notes, that'd be great! I didn't even KNOW about this study day! I went to the one at the Convention Centre in Sydney last year..

Or was it this year?

ARGH! Anyway, if you could post them up here, that'd be awesome. :)

aud

HSC
Here it is... it's in Word... and it's only for the Critical Analysis... the day went like this

Session 1 - everyone together
Session 2 - Critical and Creative split into 2
Session 3 - Critical and Creative split into 2, then Creative split into Stories and Poetry

I threw out all my Creative stuff... so I hope I've got what you want

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
Oi...i wasnt REALLY intending to be harsh...much. It just came across that way ;) I just think it's soooo funny that outta every1, he bagged out mine...TO ME!!!!! Ha...what luck. Anyway he's rite, cos i dont even think i can write it anymore...im over it.

lol I also thought it was funny that he bagged you out and you read it here. Talk about having bad luck! What are u thinking of doing now anyway?

cleopatra

Cleopatra
HSC
well im kinda usin it... but its fully changed. A chick steals cars and with each car creates a new personality and lives the life of the person that would have such a car. On top of that is the detectives search and the court case in which its all revealed. I juz hope noone steals my idea from Orimbah cos i told like 200 ppl. im tryin to research mental illness' at the moment.

Mike85

I doubt anyone who was at Orimbah would want to steal your idea.

And don't take me wrong, I'm not paying you out, but it sounds like an idea that only the person who stumbled across it could pull off.

Note: Make sure you do it really really well, and justify everything in your reflection statement, as unless you do it runs the risk of being, quite honestly, laughed at by the markers (believe me, teachers wouldn't be very different from the guy on this forum who paid out your work. Hence, you have to do A LOT with that storyline so that it holds water, so to speak).

Last edited:

cleopatra

Cleopatra
HSC
you know... i really dont give a shit bout the markers....im doin this subect cos i like to write...its my 12th unit, so i can affod to go as shit as i want, also i dont have to worry bout goin bad in comparison to the class, cos im the only one. Its 4 personal motives. If i do well- thats a massive bonus, if i do bad, we'll just 4get it eva happened.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)