• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What are my options? (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
when i was in senior year, i ahd a different idea of what Computers were about. now that uni has totaly changed that, i really hate my course that i am in.

What are my options to go into another course? likely business.
i dont have a high uai and my uni marks are really up and down. i do well at maths but suck at programming.

what should i do?:confused:
:(

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
1. try for an internal transfer at UWS
all u need is 3 credits + 1 distinction

2. apply through UAC at the end of the year, in which case they'll take into account ur uai and gpa

3. if all else fails theres always tafe

:)

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Tafe is a decent option for the fact you can do a business related course then transfer back to uni and have subject credits for your degree.

peepee

loser.
HSC
yea i was doing science this year and really really REALLY hated it, so i'm gonna enrol in tafe for semester 2 and hopefully transfer back into uni.....but if not then that's ok, better doing something i like anyway

so that could be an option if you're willing to take the risk

klh

HSC
thanks guys, i probably wont be able to get a credit average...so i mite go the tafe way.
when is the enrolment to tafe in second semester anyway?

oh yeah i forgot, if you do a tafe degree, does that gaurantee a uni place? and wat about the HECS payment? do you still use your old hecs fees or the new ones?

Last edited:

peepee

loser.
HSC
for high demand courses, you had to have sent in an application by 28th may so they can go through a selection process etc.

for other courses, you just go to the college between 1pm and 7pm on thursday 1st july and enrol

with a tafe diploma you're not guaranteed a place but it makes you more competitive in gaining a place in uni...it's a very good alternate entry scheme to getting into the uni course that you want

no hecs involved, you pay an annual fee for the diploma on enrolment day (usually $1000 for diplomas, $1200 for advanced diplomas), but you can be exempt from paying it if you're receiving youth allowance or something

visit the tafe site... www.tafe.nsw.edu.au if you don't know the site

i think most business courses are high demand so i think you've missed out....but do a course search and if it doesn't say something in bed red writing about application, then you haven't missed out, you can enrol on the 1st of july

hope this helped! :)

klh

HSC
Thanks mate!
but about the HECS thingy, i didnt mean about tafe. O'der.....i meant about after i get a diploma rite and get a place at uni again, the HECS rate i pay, will it increase or will i pay the same rate i do now?

once again, tahnks for all your help!!!
and damn! those exams are a nightmare, espe. the early morning ones...grrrrr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)