• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what are the big 4? or the big 3? - meh how many are there? (1 Viewer)

aditya

HSC
im confused... is there three or 4? i know three of them pwc, ey, kpmg... wat was the last one? is that that insureance company that went bankrupt or wateva? sounding somehting like "IHG"

*shrugs*

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
Originally posted by aditya
im confused... is there three or 4? i know three of them pwc, ey, kpmg... wat was the last one? is that that insureance company that went bankrupt or wateva? sounding somehting like "IHG"

*shrugs*
did u mean HIH?..

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
The other big 4 firm is Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu

kochou

Originally posted by pcx_demolition017
how about pricewaterhouse coopers???
he/she already mentioned that - "pwc"
i thought the other one was hlb?? cos i remember getting lotsa post it pads from them at the cadetship evening :D and all the big ones gav cool stuff

scut

The Journeyman
HSC
Originally posted by redslert
biggest financial institutions in australia
They're the Big 4 Accounting Firms,
The 4 biggest financial institutions would be the big 4 banks (NAB, CBA, ANZ and Westpac)

rumour

HSC
Originally posted by scut
The 4 biggest financial institutions would be the big 4 banks (NAB, CBA, ANZ and Westpac)
yeah!!
that's what I was thinking!!!

kpq_sniper017

Big 4 accounting firms are:
Pricewaterhouse Coopers, KPMG, Deloitte and Ernst & Young. It used to be the Big 6 (Arthur Anderson and another one I can't remember).

Big 4 could mean accounting firms or banks, but I think it generally refers to the accounting firms.

aditya

HSC
yes i did mean HIH.. .Deloitte are u fuckign serious!! I DID WORK EXPERIENCE FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! MAD!!! BUAHAHAH SUCKERS!!!

and the backs have nothing to do with the big 4...

hlb.... i have their post its as well ^_^

and just to clariffy, im a he

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by scut
The other big 4 firm is Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu
that sounds japanese...

and yeah I don't think the big 4 has anything to do with economics - the subject

M@C D@DDY

HSC
it's delotte, KPMG , pricewaterhouse coopers and earnest & young what do u need to know this for anywayz??

aditya

HSC
business studie is garbage :D

i dunt do it so posted it ehre, but i guess its equally IR-relevant... i just figured people ehre are more likely to know...

and i need to know cuz im applying for cadetships... and i only saw 3 big 4 compnaies, wodnering where the fourth one was...

so yeh.. thanks for the replies *thumbs up*

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
boredofschool said:
that sounds japanese...
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu was the combination of three names- if I recall correctly, the three never met and the Japanese name (Tohmatsu) was named after an Admiral from the Japanese Navy who became an accountant.

Anyhow, they renamed back in 2003 if I recall correctly to just "Deloitte".

aditya said:
yes i did mean HIH.. .Deloitte are u fuckign serious!! I DID WORK EXPERIENCE FOR THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! MAD!!! BUAHAHAH SUCKERS!!!
I wonder if you're still around on BoS... but I did as well back in 2003 in ERS. You?

pcx_demolition017 said:
Big 4 accounting firms are:
Pricewaterhouse Coopers, KPMG, Deloitte and Ernst & Young. It used to be the Big 6 (Arthur Anderson and another one I can't remember).

Big 4 could mean accounting firms or banks, but I think it generally refers to the accounting firms.
Back in 1998 Coopers & Lybrand merged with Pricewaterhouse to become PricewaterhouseCoopers, and that was when it became Big5 (prior to Anderson collapse).

gnrlies

HSC
the big 4 is irrelevant unless you are one of thousands trying to secure a graduate job, or if you wish to refer to those particular businesses.

jon0_o

HSC
the big 4 are the 4 biggest 'financial services' (mainly accounting) companies in the world, it could be useful cos they're huge TNC's with globalisation stuff. And they're all a mixture of companies that hae merged together to get bigger and Arthur Andersen got closed down after they screwed up Enron and HIH, couldn't have been Worldcomm as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)