• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what are the odds ?? do I have a chance ?? (1 Viewer)

Lazy Lankan

HSC
ok so I enrolled at Sydney (B computer science and technology) ... and I am waiting for late round offer - B Maths and Computing (UTS) ... the 2004 cut-off for this course was 79.5 ... the 2005 cut-off is 73.75 ... and I checked - the course has vacancies ... I got a uai of 84.05 ... so what do u guys reckon the odds are of me getting a late round offer ? do I have a chance ??

hfis

Dyslexic Fish
HSC
N/A
Lazy Lankan said:
the 2005 cut-off is 73.75
Lazy Lankan said:
I got a uai of 84.05
Does not compute. Yes, you should be able to get into it - but why didn't you list it as a preference for the main round?

Lazy Lankan

HSC
I did! it was my 2nd preference ... I got my first preference at Sydney (as mentioned) but I only recently realised that I like the UTS course better and it is slightly easier for me to travel to ... yeah so now I'm desperately hoping for late round !

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
sorry i was drunk when i wrote the last message. No chance man, what were u thinking.

jk u might

doingHSC

HSC
well late round cut offs usually rise.

have a look at 2004 late round cut offs http://www.uac.edu.au/pdf/2004_uai_coffs_hecs_l.pdf

just as an example.....the main round cut off was 80% for B science in UNSW (2004) and late round cut off was 90.35%

so u might have a chance, just depends upon how much it rises

gud luck

Lazy Lankan

HSC
nah I didn't put B Science in IT at uts ... and I didn't even understand the last post - are those good odds or bad ones ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)