What courses do I include on my Early Entry Application? (1 Viewer)

hafsah_

HSC
U should probs do business or commerce that’s what you seem good at that, better to be stuck w that than sciences which you seem to be not that interested unless you really want a future in pharmacy.
I was thinking of that but what career paths does that open?

aqwerty13402

HSC
What courses did you put for your early entry?
I havent done my application yet, I'm gonna talk to my career advisor at school about it all since idrk what im doing with it. I'm having a little bit of a crisis because I've been set on radiography for like 2-3 years but im having doubts now. But ill end up putting one of the two. WBU? Are u any closer to making decisions?

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
I havent done my application yet, I'm gonna talk to my career advisor at school about it all since idrk what im doing with it. I'm having a little bit of a crisis because I've been set on radiography for like 2-3 years but im having doubts now. But ill end up putting one of the two. WBU? Are u any closer to making decisions?
why r u having doubts

hafsah_

HSC
That's so me with pharmacy because I was set on it since Year 9 but I'm so doubtful about it. I just put "Bachelor of Pharmacy and Management" and "Bachelor of Medical Chemistry" just to submit the application and have it paid off. I'll go and change stuff around once I'm set on what I want to do.

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
That's so me with pharmacy because I was set on it since Year 9 but I'm so doubtful about it. I just put "Bachelor of Pharmacy and Management" and "Bachelor of Medical Chemistry" just to submit the application and have it paid off. I'll go and change stuff around once I'm set on what I want to do.
thats not early entry tho, its just ur normal uac application right?

aqwerty13402

HSC
why r u having doubts
I went to a hospital near me and spoke to the head of radiography there. To sum it up there was a few things that made me uneasy.

1. The pay ceiling in the public sector is much lower than what I thought. Still a decent rate of course, but it was lower than I thought
2. He himself told me that he's always regretted it deep down, feeling like he couldve done more
3. It also just seems like a boring job... Idk. X-Rays and stuff i knew would be caca since its just positioning people and then turning the machine. But even ultrasounds were a bit boring. Idk if i could do that 8 hours a day for the rest of my life yk?
4. A big one is that you cant open your own practice, which is something id like to do in the future with whatever career path I go down. Where as if i did something like physiotherapy (Which i am genuinely interested in) its something that i could do.

I might put this on a new thread and get peoples advice later

Ik its just one persons experience so i wont take it as absolute but its made me question a bit

aqwerty13402

HSC
Ugh i feel you. Its so frustrating and demotivating bc i feel like im doing myself a disservice if I change my career path now. might just flip a coin

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
I went to a hospital near me and spoke to the head of radiography there. To sum it up there was a few things that made me uneasy.

1. The pay ceiling in the public sector is much lower than what I thought. Still a decent rate of course, but it was lower than I thought
2. He himself told me that he's always regretted it deep down, feeling like he couldve done more
3. It also just seems like a boring job... Idk. X-Rays and stuff i knew would be caca since its just positioning people and then turning the machine. But even ultrasounds were a bit boring. Idk if i could do that 8 hours a day for the rest of my life yk?
4. A big one is that you cant open your own practice, which is something id like to do in the future with whatever career path I go down. Where as if i did something like physiotherapy (Which i am genuinely interested in) its something that i could do.

I might put this on a new thread and get peoples advice later

Ik its just one persons experience so i wont take it as absolute but its made me question a bit
ik someone whose in her 3rd/4th year of physio and shes opened up a pilates class, if u want u can ask me questions that i could direct to her?

liamkk112

HSC
that sounds cool lowkey. IM SO CONFLICTEDDDD. Rn im deliberating between Radiography, Physiotherapy or Speech Pathology
if you like physics go for radiography, or alternatively if you really like physics go for medical physics which is what i was gonna do but i decided on math

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)