• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What do i do D: (1 Viewer)

Drsoccerball

HSC
My atar estimate by the school was 93 which is pretty crap tbh :L The only thing holding me up is extension 1 and 2 maths and physics. My English at least dragged me down by 3 atar marks. I've improved since term 1 but the rate at which im improving isn't fast enough need advice... My teacher for the last assessment said that my essay structure, my points and the analysis are in the A range but since i didn't stick to the module of representation i lost 40% Any tips besides not being an idiot?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
My atar estimate by the school was 93 which is pretty crap tbh :L The only thing holding me up is extension 1 and 2 maths and physics. My English at least dragged me down by 3 atar marks. I've improved since term 1 but the rate at which im improving isn't fast enough need advice... My teacher for the last assessment said that my essay structure, my points and the analysis are in the A range but since i didn't stick to the module of representation i lost 40% Any tips besides not being an idiot?
Just a heads up; before you go posting on these forums don't make comments such as these because there are BoSers who would find an ATAR of this calibre to be godly (I understand that you're pissed, but keep this in mind) and you can't really say this until you've managed to attain an ATAR equal to this or above this (for all we know you can bomb out in the following assessment tasks - an ATAR estimate is just an ESTIMATE so don't get too arrogant)

You've basically answered your question; I mean if your teacher says your structure, etc. are in the A range then all you need to do is take her advice in sticking to what the module is asking, and from there on in you should be able to life up your marks :)

mrpotatoed

HSC
Must say I disagree with that, greatness is achieved with high expectations, and not settling for less than perfect. I don't think anyone who ever got 99.95 would have been happy with a 95 or 96. Yeah, while it can be annoying for people who would love to have a 93 to see this, it helps them to raise their own standards by somewhat showing they are 'inadequate', kind of like watching professional athletes perform, or being surrounded with athletic people, makes you sorta raise you standards and expectations you know what I mean, homie?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)