• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What do i do?im so friggen scared (1 Viewer)

Drewx

HSC
First guys if this is in the wrong section, i apologise, im just a bit lost at the moment.

Well my dream has always been to become involved in the entertainment industry. To my delight i have been accepted into SAE institute, but ive come across international internet posts that people said they have learnt nothing from SAE.
Since SAE is multi-national (in 20 something countries) i assume that some of them are pretty crap, but im just worried that if i do SAE in sydney and it turns to teach me nothing or get me any job oppourtunies, that that would be a waste of time and money (18,000) first year = diploma.

So what do you guys think i should do?
Should i just stick with it start next year, defer a uni course this year, and if it turns out to be a crap waste of time, leave after first year and hop into my university course?

Say if i pay SAE a year, am i able to get them to refund me, if i choose not to do the course after a couple of weeks?

Any experience or their friends experience with SAE?

Are there any uni courses that are good, i want a reputable degree, and i dont like the structure of other private colleges media studies etc degrees.

So please what do i do?

hotdimsim

HSC
Ive got two mates who dj and are doing a cert 3 in music production. apparently SAE is reasonably good, and they enjoy what they do. but its mores of a hobby for them, rather than a career. what are you interested in, and people can find degrees that may suit you.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
First guys if this is in the wrong section, i apologise, im just a bit lost at the moment.

Well my dream has always been to become involved in the entertainment industry. To my delight i have been accepted into SAE institute, but ive come across international internet posts that people said they have learnt nothing from SAE.
Since SAE is multi-national (in 20 something countries) i assume that some of them are pretty crap, but im just worried that if i do SAE in sydney and it turns to teach me nothing or get me any job oppourtunies, that that would be a waste of time and money (18,000) first year = diploma.

So what do you guys think i should do?
Should i just stick with it start next year, defer a uni course this year, and if it turns out to be a crap waste of time, leave after first year and hop into my university course?

Say if i pay SAE a year, am i able to get them to refund me, if i choose not to do the course after a couple of weeks?

Any experience or their friends experience with SAE?

Are there any uni courses that are good, i want a reputable degree, and i dont like the structure of other private colleges media studies etc degrees.

So please what do i do?
I have a friend studying at SAE in Sydney currently. He has great Lecturers and great Tutors. It is one of those places where you only learn nothing if you DO nothing. You have to be an active learner. So connecting with musicians and getting practice doing recording/mixing/mastering...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)