• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what do u need to become a real estate agent??!! (1 Viewer)

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Hi,

anyone know the details of how to become a certified real estate agent?

I need money bigtime

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
My ex- did a tafe course. Took her 6 months. At the same time (or maybe as a part of...) was doing an apprenticeship. Basically, she was the receptionist for the 6 months, then wasn't offered a job once the apprenticeship ended... (personality clashes with the boss don't go well) she saw that coming and became the property manager somewhere else. $19k a year? (or was it $29? I'm swaying toward 19 but it might have been more) Anyway, she's just left that (2 weeks after getting it) for a better paying job with commission on every house she leases.

Seems okay, but it took her 6 months to get to here, plus a few months prior to that planning and looking for apprenticeships, and then $19k is a lot when you go from a shitty unskilled labour wage, however I'm not sure how quickly it goes up from there...

baka

***el, idiot.
HSC
Skittled said:
My ex- did a tafe course. Took her 6 months. At the same time (or maybe as a part of...) was doing an apprenticeship. Basically, she was the receptionist for the 6 months, then wasn't offered a job once the apprenticeship ended... (personality clashes with the boss don't go well) she saw that coming and became the property manager somewhere else. $19k a year? (or was it $29? I'm swaying toward 19 but it might have been more) Anyway, she's just left that (2 weeks after getting it) for a better paying job with commission on every house she leases.

Seems okay, but it took her 6 months to get to here, plus a few months prior to that planning and looking for apprenticeships, and then $19k is a lot when you go from a shitty unskilled labour wage, however I'm not sure how quickly it goes up from there...
6 months?! what course was that??!

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Skittled said:

You need to get a certifies licence, the best way to find this info out would be the search engines

Also, if u think u get paid heaps, dont count on it, u will be paid a meagre wage when u start out, and mostly commission work, u will also most likely work underneath an experienced real estate agent

Last edited:

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
adamjmurphy said:
even when u become a relator unless you are in your own business a sucessful realtor at that you arent going to be making much...the person that makes the most would be the principal agent
Yes thats true to a degree, but it depends on what one calls alot of money

tattoodguy

i think you can do a very short course.................maybe just for a few weeeks..........................and then you can get a job in real estate...

and then do on going training.

i dont know about certified etc etc.......but imp retty sure you can get a job....after doing a short course.

stainmepink

HSC
Skittled said:

i thought it was more than 19k ... 19 k is like a full time maccas salary

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)