• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what do you need to study if you want to go to space? (1 Viewer)

hitomi

HSC
actually im not sure if i want to be an astronaunt because i only want to see the space and i dont if i can do it, Is someone wants to be an astronaunt too? I want to ask why do you want to be,

jcurry

HSC
i dont want to be an astronaut but i am interested in aero space engineering
im basically interested in this cause i love the idea of spaceflight itself, aswell as flying in general. Since i was young i have always been interested in whats out there, i also love physics

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
i think you a much better chance of entering space if you just picked any career based solely on the money and then just get a ticket there. space tourism is starting to become commercially feasible, while the chance of becoming one of the handful of astronauts that enter space is pretty slim.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
DeathB4Life said:
i think you a much better chance of entering space if you just picked any career based solely on the money and then just get a ticket there. space tourism is starting to become commercially feasible, while the chance of becoming one of the handful of astronauts that enter space is pretty slim.
lol. yeah there are probably thousands of applicants and only a small hand full can go to space. none the less, if you want to go to space (not via a private tourism company, because in a couple of years time you can probably go their as a tourist for a small fortune) then you should study physics, however other things such as medicine may help you get in.

If you are really interested then go to http://www.nasajobs.nasa.gov/

I just noticed you listed you location as Japan. I think either Japan or China or both also have a space agency, but i'm not exactly sure about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)