• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What do you think..? (1 Viewer)

zaqwerty

HSC
Obviously some of us are going to be behind in studying at the moment... I know I am. What do you think will be more beneficial... continuing finishing off notes and THEN revising/doing past papers, or revising/doing past papers with the help of class notes.

Writing notes will help in creating summaries of all you need to know, but I'm worried spending too much time on writing these will subtract from my time actually practising/memorising things I need to know, which I think is just as important.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
well for Modern i'm rewriting all my notes from scratch for 3/4 modules [ie Cold war, Germany and Leni Riefenstahl..]
WE had a study lecturer come in and talk to us about study procedures... we saw her on mondya and she said it was unwise to start rewriting notes out from scratch at this time..
that said i feel for msyelf that i learn better by rewriting notes and plus.. i dont really have a decent set of notes for those 3/4 modules... so technically im not rewriting im actually writing them..
as for the rest of my subjects i onlyhvae Eng and SOR...
for SOR the teacher pretty much gave us notes so i'll just tidy and add to them..
for English i might perfect a few of the basic generic essays i've written [tho most of the time i ditch themin exams..]
eng ext 1 i still need to read/make notes on one of the texts [revengers tragedy] because i havent used it in an exam and hopefully dont plan to unless it's specified [still i need to cover my bases incase it is..]

goodluck!

-pari-

HSC
N/A
nichhhole said:
well for Modern i'm rewriting all my notes from scratch for 3/4 modules [ie Cold war, Germany and Leni Riefenstahl..]
WE had a study lecturer come in and talk to us about study procedures... we saw her on mondya and she said it was unwise to start rewriting notes out from scratch at this time..
that said i feel for msyelf that i learn better by rewriting notes and plus.. i dont really have a decent set of notes for those 3/4 modules... so technically im not rewriting im actually writing them..
as for the rest of my subjects i onlyhvae Eng and SOR...
for SOR the teacher pretty much gave us notes so i'll just tidy and add to them..
for English i might perfect a few of the basic generic essays i've written [tho most of the time i ditch themin exams..]
eng ext 1 i still need to read/make notes on one of the texts [revengers tragedy] because i havent used it in an exam and hopefully dont plan to unless it's specified [still i need to cover my bases incase it is..]

goodluck!
my god. that makes me feel so much better because i'm in the same goddamn position.
and i am no less than either (a) shitting myself (b) close to giving up.

in response to the threadstarter - you have to see what works for you. some subjects you can use the textbook and that'll be enough - know your stuff start practicing.
others you might actually need notes to start practicing - like for me, modern history and english are subjects you need notes for...

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
-pari- said:
my god. that makes me feel so much better because i'm in the same goddamn position.
and i am no less than either (a) shitting myself (b) close to giving up.
Ditto :)

williams180

HSC
notes suck. They just waste your time. You could quite easily read through previous notes and or textbook and obtain more than sitting their for hours writing boring notes. Also past tests are a waste too. Those questions have been asked before. Your better off getting the sylabus a beer a group of mates and go through every dot point and write summaries as you go in a group environment. That way you will know everything

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
williams180 said:
notes suck. They just waste your time. You could quite easily read through previous notes and or textbook and obtain more than sitting their for hours writing boring notes. Also past tests are a waste too. Those questions have been asked before. Your better off getting the sylabus a beer a group of mates and go through every dot point and write summaries as you go in a group environment. That way you will know everything
hahah my 'notes' are exactly that bar the beer and 'mates'....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)