What do you wish you learnt more about from high school? (1 Viewer)

handbook13

HSC
As you've just left high school and you're studying for HSC or reflecting about your high school years, has there been anything that you've been thinking that you wanted to hear more about? Life experience lessons? What else is there after school?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think definitely life experiences lessons. The knowledge you gain from high school, a lot of it will be forgotten very soon, for example, I don't remember much, if at all what I learnt from my year 10 commerce classes, however, what has stuck with me to this date is the head teacher spending the majority of these lessons talking about life instead (yes at that time, I didn't appreciate it and thought it was just a waste of my time), but as I grown older and go through uni, those were probably the most valuable lessons I have learnt, about men needing to respect women, about pursuing your goals in life, about effort and how marks don't define who you are, about failures and successes, I truly wished we spend more time talking about these life stories and learning and discussing our own experiences, it really puts perspective on the whole journey and the few lessons I have had it has stuck with me to this date beyond the rigid confines of what's in the textbook.

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
I think definitely life experiences lessons. The knowledge you gain from high school, a lot of it will be forgotten very soon, for example, I don't remember much, if at all what I learnt from my year 10 commerce classes, however, what has stuck with me to this date is the head teacher spending the majority of these lessons talking about life instead (yes at that time, I didn't appreciate it and thought it was just a waste of my time), but as I grown older and go through uni, those were probably the most valuable lessons I have learnt, about men needing to respect women, about pursuing your goals in life, about effort and how marks don't define who you are, about failures and successes, I truly wished we spend more time talking about these life stories and learning and discussing our own experiences, it really puts perspective on the whole journey and the few lessons I have had it has stuck with me to this date beyond the rigid confines of what's in the textbook.
To some extent I would agree, for example some people who do HSC tutoring or help out HSC students in their spare time may remember a lot of their year 11-12 content.

On an unrelated note, one thing I "wish" I new more about high school is that when you need mental help, speak to someone immediately, no matter how big or small or else it will affect your learning and attitude to life. If you're the type of student who hates/dislikes high school and the HSC for whatever reason realise that it'll be over before you know it

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Re: What advice or lessons you wish you learnt more about in high school?

Live fast
die young
be wild
Have fun

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Re: What advice or lessons you wish you learnt more about in high school?

Time management

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)