• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What does a major in combined (banking and finance) and (accounting) prepare you for? (1 Viewer)

O2

HSC
hey guys, thanks for the great responses to some questions i post up in other threads, however, heres another:

I'm in melbourne, and preparing to begin a double degree in Bach of business (accounting)/ Bach of business (banking and finance).

THis degree will offer me the opportunity to have three majors, and i'v decided on accounting, banking and finance, and business law. What area will best suit this degree, which division within a big 4? etc.

Also, anyone here done this, i'd love to hear how the course is, and whether its worth the fourth year of study.

Last edited:

turtleface

HSC
Business Law is one of those mickey mouse majors lol. I don't think its a real major, its just 3 subjects non law students have to do for an accounting major (for CA/CPA)

With your combination, its fairly broad and you will have the basic theory knowledge to enter many different areas.

I think the best Big 4 positions suited for you is the Financial Services practice of Audit or a Corporate Finance or a Transaction Services role.

I'm not really sure what the banking and finance can get you specifically though...maybe banks like it? dunno

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)