• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What does Aesthetic transformation mean? (1 Viewer)

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
We are comparing Bridget jones diary with Pride and Prejudice... and the ques is : What is the effect of the aesthetic transformation? ...I have no idea what this means!!! I would really appreciate your help.:D:D

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Well aesthetic pertains to beauty and appearance.....so the transformation of her appearence ( both inner appearance as well as physical)

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
Deus said:
Well aesthetic pertains to beauty and appearance.....so the transformation of her appearence ( both inner appearance as well as physical)
ah that makes me even more confused ><

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
1/5kiwifruit said:
We are comparing Bridget jones diary with Pride and Prejudice... and the ques is : What is the effect of the aesthetic transformation? ...I have no idea what this means!!! I would really appreciate your help.:D:D
I would say its the aesthetic qualities of the text because IIRC the Bennets in Pride and Prejudice don't undergo a huge change in appearance that aligns to what is suggested with Bridget Jones. I would say they are asking: "How has the concept of Pride and Prejudice been altered to make it more appealing in Bridget Jones's Diary"

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
kami said:
I would say its the aesthetic qualities of the text because IIRC the Bennets in Pride and Prejudice don't undergo a huge change in appearance that aligns to what is suggested with Bridget Jones. I would say they are asking: "How has the concept of Pride and Prejudice been altered to make it more appealing in Bridget Jones's Diary"
ok thank you! :D

Mellonie

HSC
hope it helps

1/5kiwifruit said:
just reed it as marvellous transformation, sensational transformation... exquisite transforamtion.. all those words stand for aesthetic

so basically the question is telling u complement the tansformation. And the affect of this mavelous transformation is that 21st century audience can relate more to the issues in Bridget jones diary through the popular culture film genre and current humour and issues..
uno blab on about techniques and how they achieve the effect...
theirs heaps of effects u woulda learned in class.. i did it in yr 11 so cant remember much :p
good luck

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
Mellonie said:
just reed it as marvellous transformation, sensational transformation... exquisite transforamtion.. all those words stand for aesthetic

so basically the question is telling u complement the tansformation. And the affect of this mavelous transformation is that 21st century audience can relate more to the issues in Bridget jones diary through the popular culture film genre and current humour and issues..
uno blab on about techniques and how they achieve the effect...
theirs heaps of effects u woulda learned in class.. i did it in yr 11 so cant remember much :p
good luck
LOL we didn't learn the effects and techniques in class ...(we don't do alot in class)...:D thanks alot for your help I really appreciate it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)