what does Customer Service and going that extra mile mean? (1 Viewer)

kow_dude

HSC
i think it just mean exceeding customer expectations

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
when they whip it out, you just get down and do your thing. that, is what it means.

going out of your way to make them feel satisfied. doing what your job description says you don't have to do.

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
kow_dude said:
Yep I always use that one. Or "going above and beyond customer expectations". Above and beyond, can't get much further than that.

CieL

HSC
kow_dude said:
Pretty much that..

I remember once it was a quiet day, and this really old lady came through my checkout.. she was frail and weak and took heaps of time and effort trying to lift a bag of 2L milk, bags of flour, etc.. and since no-one was behind her and there was another staff, I was like... fk it...

Went out of my register, lifted all her bags into her trolley, wheeled it outside for her to her car, and loaded her car for her.

Evilo

HSC
yeah, pretty much doing things "beyong the call of duty", or accepting refunds for no good reason etc.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
I'd say its not only going further than your job description says, but fulfilling your job description as well. Alot of the time a job description, say, for someone in retail will specify that they be happy and pleasant with customers. Alot of people don't do that, so I'd say someone who does, even though it is what they're supposed to do, is giving good customer service.

Evilo

HSC
wuddie said:
that doesnt cut it. it is not your money you are refunding. what are you going to tell your boss when he asks why you refunded it?
Dude i work at a chain liquor store (for well over 14 months). I get shit excuses like
"my mates didn't feel like drinking it"
"i found it cheaper down the street"
"yeah the person didn't like the gift"
"i decided i didn't want it"

If it was my own shop, id tell them to fuck off. But it isnt. I've asked the manager what the requirements for return are. [He said] If they can provide a reciept, and the packaged good (undamaged/unopened) then they can have a refund.

The only refusal of returns are when people cant provide a reciept even though they "know they got it from here". etc. Also one women tried to exchange a $100 bottle of Moet. She had got it as a gift, didn't know which store she got it from, how long ago, and had no reciept. That was a no-brainer there.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Evilo said:
Dude i work at a chain liquor store (for well over 14 months). I get shit excuses like
"my mates didn't feel like drinking it"
"i found it cheaper down the street"
"yeah the person didn't like the gift"
"i decided i didn't want it"

If it was my own shop, id tell them to fuck off. But it isnt. I've asked the manager what the requirements for return are. [He said] If they can provide a reciept, and the packaged good (undamaged/unopened) then they can have a refund.

The only refusal of returns are when people cant provide a reciept even though they "know they got it from here". etc. Also one women tried to exchange a $100 bottle of Moet. She had got it as a gift, didn't know which store she got it from, how long ago, and had no reciept. That was a no-brainer there.
really?

We have to provide a full refund on any product (providing we sell it), no questions asked, even if we didnt sell it to them, although if they dont have a receipt we take down their name and addy and send it to Loss Prevention to make sure nobody is taking advantage, and if they do start to take advantage, then we can refuse

kuroneko

HSC
I think being polite and pleasant to customers... it isn't in your job description to do that, but people really appreciate it. You notice the difference in reactions to those who you served looking rather bored, as opposed to those you smiled at.

Jon73

human dick-tionary
HSC
going the extra mile....literally.

down town, baby.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)