• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

what does one say? (1 Viewer)

Y

ydnas

hello fellow nerds

im doin some past papers and came accross this question...

the question is...

IN THE WILD
You have studied two texts composed at different times
When you compared these texts and their contexts, how was your understanding of each text developed and reshaped?

Answer with reference to your study of IN THE WILD
(Brave New World and Blade Runner)

i understand that you have to talk about my understanding... but what particular things should i focus on in an answer?

any help would be much appreciated :)

HSC
N/A
Well, the question wants you to examine/analyse how your understanding was developed and reshaped. So, I'd talk a bit about what initially constitutes your "understanding" (immediate context, culture and values, historical context etc etc) and how it was reshaped (this is where you talk about the book, how it challenged/strengthened your existing ideas, how the author conveyed things to you, techniques etc etc).

Mind you, I didn't study these texts, but this is just what I figure from analysing the question. This is the thing about questions - they don't spend a lot of time in the HSC teaching you how to look at a question and figuring out what it actually wants you to do, but it's well worth giving some time to. Not all questions are as similar as what you might think they are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)