What does this module actually involve? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi everyone

We're doing Pride and Prejudice and Fay Weldon's Letters to Alice for Module A. However, I dont understand what this module actually involves. Do we just compare the two prescribed texts and write essays about them, or are we required to obtain Related material as in the AOS?

its really annoying with this syllabus change, cant refer to any past papers etc:angry:

bored of sc

HSC
It's got nothing to do with the area of study.

It's a Comparative Study of Texts and Context. This means the two texts have some similar universals but different timeframes/ societies/ themes/ issues/ techniques used to convey meaning etc. That said, I haven't done this module yet so I don't know what else it involves or if what I said above is accurate.

Read the syllabus.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
No need for related material in Module A.

Juliaan

HSC
I hate the teachers at my school, they dont explain what were covering in the syllabus. I had to look it up myself, like the modules and that. Everyone else doesnt know what there doing in my class, good thing i suppose (rankings, heh)

jellybelly59

HSC
Well from my understanding of the module there should be a comparison of the contexts,themes and values evident in both letters to alice and pride and prejudice. Read the rubric it'll provide a guide for what you need.

-xDan

HSC
I hate the teachers at my school, they dont explain what were covering in the syllabus. I had to look it up myself, like the modules and that. Everyone else doesnt know what there doing in my class, good thing i suppose (rankings, heh)
Lol our teachers think we should be sharing everything already, allow the rest of the class to get better understandings for when the HSC is actually upon us to raise the overall ranking. but meh. im failing neway XD

hannahcheeseman

HSC
Lol our teachers think we should be sharing everything already, allow the rest of the class to get better understandings for when the HSC is actually upon us to raise the overall ranking. but meh. im failing neway XD
yea its the same for us too. although our ideas could be used by others, most people have their own ideas and through the discussions of each others ideas our own ideas evolve heaps more and ultimately we all do better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)