• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What exactly do we talk about in this module? (1 Viewer)

rsingh

HSC
Hey guys,

I have an assessment for this module first week back, however I have no idea what we're doing in thid module. I know that we are comparing "two texts", but what exactly are we comparing between the two?
I'm stumbled across words such as "different contexts" and "similar or different values". What does that all mean?

I'm doing Emma/Clueless, and if I had to respond to a question with the current knowledge I have as relates to this topic, I would fail miserably.
So if someone could give me a framework, or outline/guideline buy which to work from, that would be indeed very helpful! I just need to clarify what exactly we're doing here.

Thanks.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Firstly, [thread=65427]go here[/thread].
Secondly context means the setting or circumstances of a an event or statement that helps give it meaning for instance different words have different connotations when said in different sentence. Eg. I got a bad rap for this as opposed to: I make rap songs for a living. Context can also be thought of in terms of the time and place where things may have different meanings and applications.
Values is essentially the moral code of the time, and what governs it ie having a same sex marriage would be against the values of Elizabethan England whereas it wouldn't in modern day Belgium because the societies have different values.
Hope this answers your question.

_BaadShah_

HSC
fanx kami.. dat helped me out..

cheers, ash

Last edited by a moderator:

rsingh

HSC
Sorry for my late reply.
Thank you, that does clear things up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)