• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What features does a high band imaginative have for Adv Eng? (1 Viewer)

lozmet

HSC
Hi, currently trying to practice my imaginative writing, what should I be trying to aim for? I'm good at coming up with stuff on the fly, but I don't know how I should refine it properly. Do markers like character depth more than worldbuilding??

AGh

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Hi, currently trying to practice my imaginative writing, what should I be trying to aim for? I'm good at coming up with stuff on the fly, but I don't know how I should refine it properly. Do markers like character depth more than worldbuilding??

AGh
It depends but tbh in terms of character depth vs worldbuilding, realistically you don't have enough words for effective worldbuilding (imo) so I would focus more on character depth - aka how characters interact and respond to other individuals, collectives or just the world around them in general as many generic Mod C themes can be explored by those pretty well. The best Mod Cs in my opinion tend to be character-driven

Keep in mind that this is also Module C - you need to prove to the markers that since you've engaged with texts throughout the course that convey meaning through stylistic and literary devices, you are able to do the same by being inspired by those texts and others. High-quality Mod Cs are able to use basic devices but they sustain them and integrate them effectively (it is quite obvious to see whether it is done organically vs superficially and just there cos it feels like ticking off a Mod C to-do list). Motifs/extended metaphors/sustained symbolism is the easiest way to go about this

beanbug

HSC

AGh
would you like me to send you mine? I got a band 6 for it in my trial

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)