What happens =S! (1 Viewer)

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
hey!

What happens if you don't REALLY write in the GENRE you are asked! I thought i will change my creative last minute but it is like 13 pgs but doesnt relate to the genre! Its very different and probably once of a kind they mark from the pile of applicants =S! Though it is a good idea expressed but isnt very hard core crime! More like the CRime of the BIG FAT CATS of how they are killing innocent lives via war efforts (set in cold war). My elective is CRime fiction and below is my brief story +idea..i used the FILM NOIR setting buh just rain there is no private dectective / any cops involved...

my story was about a boy with his grandfather walking on the steps on a rainy day and it was thundering etc and he told me a story about war and how one such person died in the war when he was trying to escape. This story is told when the grandfather and me (6 yrs old) are walking up the stairs and it goes on till the grandfather quits journalism due to the war and the ill effects of it... then the granddad is on the MIDDLE step and says you have choices to make and they could be destructive or constructive. There is a flash back and I'M GEORGE BUSH thinking back on my childhood and then one of my secretaries asks "how many people do you want sent to Iraq?" and then I say "no one" so I have done the reconstruction part...

get it?? The story is abt BUSH thinking back on his childhood in making his decision and also suggesting the decisions made by ppl in da war are often a crime!

HOW MUCH WILL I GET =S! is it a good idea =S! it will be different =S!

sarah89

HSC
It sounds like a good idea, however for the creative writing you HAD to draw on your knowledge and understanding of crime fiction. what is the crime being committed? how does this crime disrupt the landscape??
i dont know how much you will get, it all depends on how the markers interpret it. if it is clearly defined that the decisions made by people in a war are often a crime, then hopefully youll be right.
good luck.

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
Thanks.. Well that was MY knowledge and understanding thus i thought it was ok to subvert! The crime creates war and anarchy and kills innocent people changed the landscape of how we are. The crime committed by the politicians who rule the amount of people who go to war...Thanks im hope i am right

hoomanraviola

HSC
Yeah I did the same thing for my trials- almost- except I had a detective and it was a bit more crimey than yours sounds. I had written it and given it to my teacher- and she just said 'works well' or something like that, and so I rewrote the story in my trials, just with better language, and she decided to tell me then that the story didnt have enough conventions

Basically I had just used a noir type setting- had lots of description about the rain, overcast skies etc, and had my outsider detective...but the problem with mine was that there wasnt an actual crime, just an attempted crime, so she marked me down for that. But I still got 19/25, so you might end up doing ok- though I'm not sure if you could get an A if you dont really explore the genre in your creative, no matter how good the story is

1qaz2wsxokm

HSC
ahhh i see! Thanks for that! I just hope i don't get under 10 =S! now that i think of it you should never change your mind on the morning of an exam =P! hope i wont pay the price! fingers cross

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)