• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

what happens when you don't hand in an assignment or you hand it in late? (1 Viewer)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
BreaKing said:
can you fail the course if this happens?
You can get zero for the assignment if you haven't notified the teacher within 24 hours of due date or you lack a doctor's certificate or similar proof, but they can't fail you for an entire course if there is more than one assignment.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
champ_sammy_19 said:
not all the time the level of course can impact on it to eg cert 4 & dip courses have strict deadlines
That's ok I teach Cert 4 and Diploma level stuff :)

The only set in stone date exists with Statewide centrally set exams everyone has to take at the same time (if the module has them). We also have to take into account the deadlines for marks entry to make it into the results mailouts. Anything else is up to interpretation and negotiation. For example I just marked some assignments last week that someone handed in for Cert 4 modules they did last year. In the end it comes down to the teacher and head teacher, if they feel it is neccessary to give you more time then it is well within their power to do so. Doesn't mean they will give just anyone an extension though.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
LeftrightOut said:
That's ok I teach Cert 4 and Diploma level stuff :)

The only set in stone date exists with Statewide centrally set exams everyone has to take at the same time (if the module has them). We also have to take into account the deadlines for marks entry to make it into the results mailouts. Anything else is up to interpretation and negotiation. For example I just marked some assignments last week that someone handed in for Cert 4 modules they did last year. In the end it comes down to the teacher and head teacher, if they feel it is neccessary to give you more time then it is well within their power to do so. Doesn't mean they will give just anyone an extension though.
thanks everyone :D

turns out the teacher didn't really mind, said we could hand it in next week, as long as we quit with the bullshit excuses :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)