• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

What have i done???! (1 Viewer)

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
hey guys, every single year 12 student had an interview with the principal and the careers advisor last week, seeing as how close the hsc is. They also discussed our trial results.

I think i just messed up my HSC, careers advisor said that if i studied really hard and improved my rankings/marks for the final assessments i might just scrape into the 60 UAI range. i was like wtf :worried: , i need 85 for the course i want to do (BscIT @ UTS). I need a third opinion (2nd was my friends they all said i would do "ok", doesn't sound too promising:( ).

Subjects trial results in descending order of performance (aprox marks).

1. IPT got eq2nd/40, Hsc Mark of 90 (accelerated 2005), assessment mark moderated to 88 from 78).

2. SDD 3rd/15 overall 2nd for trials mark was 68 , mostly in 90s for each part of Major task

3. Business rank 11/45 68 for trials, rank 17 overall

4. Legal rank 13 for trials, about 19th/40 overall, 62 in trials

5. English adv rank 28/60 for trials i got about 60 overall rank 34

6. eng ext 1 rank 4/5 for trials 3/5 overall, got about 25/50 for trials

7. maths gen. trials mark = 56, trials rank? (abt 5th inclass), 45/87 overall

i was coming 1st in SDD prelim, but i've started to slack off (or other guys picking up), i donno why its happening, last year i got 56/80 for legal and was rank about 6th, for english i was ranked about 15th.

I dunno why its all falling apart, as the hsc grows closer it seems i'll never make it..., and im getting really depressed which makes me feel sick in the stomach every time something related to the hsc comes up. :worried:

the only hope i have left is moderation and the remaining assessment task for each subject, as well as the HSC itself.:(.
I know i can do better, i did it for IPT, my teacher for sdd said i could easily get a band 6 if i actually worked for it, and my business teacher said a band 5 wouldn't be impossible if i worked for it.

Last edited:

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
yea, although i did pretty bad, teachers have been saying its been low throuout the grade, almost everysubject had average marks aboutt 60-75 , top mark for eng was about 73, for legal about 79 and for maths about 69. give or take.

oh btw, im not sure about the rank of my school, its arthur phillips high school in the parramatta CBD area.

H

housemouse

Although your marks maybe near the highest in your school ,it doesnt necessarily mean your going really good marks in the HSC. The trials may reflect what you get in the end.

Would you know someone call Cian in that school? How is he going in school?

gracie007

HSC
that maths mark is gonna bring u waay down. make sure u bring that right up

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
no sorry, i don't know cian, what year would he be in?

im not really, paying much attention to maths, i have 13 units and IPT will definatly be one of them, im trying to do well at business, legal and also trying to improve in maths so that i won't have to worry about having maths counted because it will be my lowest 2 units.

this has been a real wakeup call for me, i've actually spent this weekend studying, and learnt something i didn't even bother to understand at school. Im hoping if i keep this up i may be able to make a turn around in time for the HSC.

sinist4

HSC
i'd say... work hard and STUDY STUDY
dont worry "its the effort that counts" :D
even if things dont go to plan, you can get into uni by other methods.

thats all, onli the "effort counts"
Good luck ...

ditto

drops of jupiter
HSC
yeah, spiderman - don't worry buddy. that's realli good that you studied in the weekend. KEEP IT UP, and we'll probably do fine!

actually, i'm going to make myself a study table right now (i feel inspired all of a sudden!)

cya and goodluck!!

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
besides, you should always be trying to improve marks for all subjects if you want to ensure you reach a goal......unless you're constantly getting 100% :p

nahian

HSC
Your Careers advisor must be a bit of a dud.... Saying you'll get max 60..thats absurd

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Not necessarily, look at his schools 'DA/Examination' Ratio.
(It's pretty low, but I don't think it would warrant such a substandard ration how she automatically assumed the best he could do was on par with the bottom 50% of the state), she basically put down her own school.

Spider786

Premium Member
HSC
heres a copy of my study timetable, i made 3 months ago. incase someone wants to see it.

although, many poeple who did well, ( e.friend who graduated last year and missed out for a premiers award by 3 marks), said that they used a list of things to be done.

that's the approach i've been using, cuz i just can't follow a timetable, everything takes longer then it should.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)