what if my error affects the next part of the same question? (1 Viewer)

whitemelon

HSC
hey guys, I just eventually found out that I did two stupid mistakes as well as missing 4 marks from Q9c)iii), Q10bii) and I think thats all I did wrong.

which are;

1. Question 4 b) i)&ii) - (2+1 marks)

I don't know why but I assumed there are 11 chances for the whole thing instead of 36. so I said 3/11.

This affects my next part, as I answered 1-(3/11)=8/11

2. Question 4 c) iv)&v) - (1+2 marks)

Again, I was brave enough to comment that the area major sector ACB is 5∏²/2 instead of the correct answer which was 5∏/2.

This affects my answer of the total area.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I started worrying of the situation what if markers are cynical and don't award any mark for those parts......

I remember the comments on the past papers by BOS, that sometimes they didn't cut any marks off from the second or the third parts if the answers are still right except for the use of wrong values the candidadadadadates found from the first or the second part.

Anyway, I guess I should stop worrying about things now. I got 3unit Maths in couple of days and I really have to get at least 70% from there.

ss193.02

HSC
I think you will not get the marks for the answer, but since you did working out, it shows you know what you were supposed to be doing. But since the 1-(3/11)=8/11 was only one mark i'm not sure since i think they don't award half-marks or something (they don't for French, anyway)

And really don't know with HSC marking, but once i made a mistake like get the right answer but write it out incorrectly/altered it by accident. After they were marked, whoever marked mine gave me the mark and wrote "copied incorrectly" as an explanation.

Armenikum

HSC
whitemelon said:
hey guys, I just eventually found out that I did two stupid mistakes as well as missing 4 marks from Q9c)iii), Q10bii) and I think thats all I did wrong.

which are;

1. Question 4 b) i)&ii) - (2+1 marks)

I don't know why but I assumed there are 11 chances for the whole thing instead of 36. so I said 3/11.

This affects my next part, as I answered 1-(3/11)=8/11

2. Question 4 c) iv)&v) - (1+2 marks)

Again, I was brave enough to comment that the area major sector ACB is 5∏²/2 instead of the correct answer which was 5∏/2.

This affects my answer of the total area.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I started worrying of the situation what if markers are cynical and don't award any mark for those parts......

I remember the comments on the past papers by BOS, that sometimes they didn't cut any marks off from the second or the third parts if the answers are still right except for the use of wrong values the candidadadadadates found from the first or the second part.

Anyway, I guess I should stop worrying about things now. I got 3unit Maths in couple of days and I really have to get at least 70% from there.
Mate, it really depends on how their criteria is set out. If there is a mark for "identifies the correct answer", then the marker cannot give you the mark, it is out of their hands. However, usually the markers will decide on which question to penalise for forgetting units or whatever - but yea, in your big questions like superannuation, they dont disregard all your working for a mistake such as incorrect R or incorrect calculations. You are still awarded the bulk of the marks.

mattzada

HSC
As far as I know, your errors are 'consequential errors' meaning they occurred because of an error in a previous question. The HSC markers award full marks for any 'consequential errors', because each particular question tests a method you have learnt.

If you get an answer wrong in a previous question (which was testing Method A for e.g.), its unfair to penalise you on Method B, if the process you used in Method B is correct, but the final answer is incorrect because of an error in Method A!

So you should only lose the marks on the questions you made errors on.

Zozo6969

HSC
yeh thats right they test the skills and so long as you did the correct method in the consequent questions they give you full marks regardless of the values u used. our teacher told us this and she constantly marked our exams like this and called it CPA (correct from previous answer).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)