What is a VIVA VOCE? English Extension 2? (1 Viewer)

aiming4dentalschool

HSC
Hello all,
I am currently in year 11 and undertaking English Extension 1. I would like to pick up EE2 also, however our school has unfortunately not really given a great overview of what the course is, what it requires throughout the year (amount of work) or what the works are. As I browsed the forums I was however constantly met with the words 'Viva Voce' -- my question is what in Yates does this mean and what does it entail.

ALSO are there exams for English Extension 2, or is it only a matter of hand in assessment tasks and the major project?

Thank you in advance! x

britaker

HSC
1. During a Viva Voce you essentially talk about your MW/concept, etc. with your markers... more impromptu than a speech. (I like to think of it as an open book exam lol)
2. It's only hand-in tasks, you don't have any exams.

aiming4dentalschool

HSC
1. During a Viva Voce you essentially talk about your MW/concept, etc. with your markers... more impromptu than a speech. (I like to think of it as an open book exam lol)
2. It's only hand-in tasks, you don't have any exams.
Thank you so much :) Also, do you know if you have to be offered to undertake the course, or if you can choose yourself? (Assuming EE1 is being undertaken, of course)

Axio

=o
HSC
Thank you so much :) Also, do you know if you have to be offered to undertake the course, or if you can choose yourself? (Assuming EE1 is being undertaken, of course)
Your school shouldn't be able to stop you from doing it unless it doesn't fit in the timetable or the class is full/too small. Even then you could do it by correspondence.

aiming4dentalschool

HSC
Your school shouldn't be able to stop you from doing it unless it doesn't fit in the timetable or the class is full/too small. Even then you could do it by correspondence.
Oh okay! I was just confused because we currently have yr11 AP2s until next week, and then only one week of school after before going in to year 12 so I wasn't sure how we were supposed to be picking up Extension 2 (thus assumed you had to be offerred the course). Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)