What is it like? (1 Viewer)

mmmm.

HSC
What is it like studying business/commerce at uni? Is there any special software/apps you guys use, or is it mostly just using Google? I plan on majoring in accounting and then either finance/marketing.

I need to get a laptop for uni, so I guess is there anything that my laptop must have/be able to run?

HSC
N/A
Not sure whether the accounting/finance majors would require any special software, but in business/commerce you mainly write essays/reports. You also have your finals and depending on the subject you may be required to make presentations. It's basically the same software you'd use for your high school subjects, except there is more content. So any laptop with decent specs should do.

mmmm.

HSC
Not sure whether the accounting/finance majors would require any special software, but in business/commerce you mainly write essays/reports. You also have your finals and depending on the subject you may be required to make presentations. It's basically the same software you'd use for your high school subjects, except there is more content. So any laptop with decent specs should do.
Thankyou, also, is 8gb ram fine for a business degree?

mmmm.

HSC
No problem. Yeah 8gb is pretty good.
Hi, in my other post when I asked for laptops, I'm either getting the aspire 5 or swift 3. But some people have told me that for their price, their processor isn't that good, is this true? Or is it fine and will suffice throughout my course?

HSC
N/A
Hi, in my other post when I asked for laptops, I'm either getting the aspire 5 or swift 3. But some people have told me that for their price, their processor isn't that good, is this true? Or is it fine and will suffice throughout my course?
The Aspire 5 I have has an Intel i5 (not sure which gen but newer Aspire 5 models surely come with the latest gen Intel processors). I’ve had mine for 3 years now and the processor has been pretty good. I’ve been constantly playing games on mine as well and the i5 along with the graphics card give me a decent 720p 60fps in games like csgo and GTA 5. I’m not sure about the Swift 3 unfortunately as I haven’t used it.

Side note: My Aspire 5 also has a 1TB HDD (which is only slow when booting up). I’m pretty sure the newer Aspire 5 comes with SSD storage which is much faster than HDD.

Based on my experience, I’d say the Aspire would be pretty good for business/commerce since it can handle pretty much all the software you’ll need to complete your course (Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc).

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Unless you're doing one of the hardcore quantitative majors, you won't need any special software at all besides Office. And even if you do need special software/macros/addins/etc, they'll generally work fine across any mainstream Windows PC.

Just look at general guidance on what makes a laptop/tablet/etc good for uni student use - typically portability, battery life, keyboard, reliability, etc....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)