What is the hardest Maths Extension 2 topic? (1 Viewer)

hehe43

HSC
In terms of what commonly has the most difficult questions in exams

Life'sHard

HSC
Uni Grad
Easiest to hardest:

1.Mechanics
2.Complex
3.Vectors
4.Proofs

Complex and vectors are interchangeable depending on how spicy nesa goes.

d1zzyohs

HSC
proofs 10000000000000000000000000000%.
the breadth of the questions they can give you is insane.
mechanics is really not too bad if you do physics. in fact, i find mechanics the easiest topic so far.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Proofs that topic which NESA uses to throw in random shit into the MX2 paper as long as it follows the "proof" form lul i.e proving stuff

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
proofs 10000000000000000000000000000%.
the breadth of the questions they can give you is insane.
mechanics is really not too bad if you do physics. in fact, i find mechanics the easiest topic so far.
by doing physics do u mean just understanding vectors and stuff, or like all of module 5 physics

Nedom

HSC
by doing physics do u mean just understanding vectors and stuff, or like all of module 5 physics
There really isn't that much correlation between vectors in physics and mathematics, cause mathematics goes further in-depth and you are using more mathematical approaches rather than the formulas, which you would basically be deriving/attaining naturally when doing questions that are asking you those kinds of typical 'physics' mechanics questions (btw don't try to use physics formulas in maths). The solving part of the mechanics are nowhere as easy as the physics ones, but the concepts of thinking from physics definitely helps with understanding questions. Vectors, pulleys, and projectile (don't remember if this is for 4U too, or just 3U) are basically what will help with understanding, whereas the rest (~90%) of the topic is just maths.

Vall

HSC
There really isn't that much correlation between vectors in physics and mathematics, cause mathematics goes further in-depth and you are using more mathematical approaches rather than the formulas, which you would basically be deriving/attaining naturally when doing questions that are asking you those kinds of typical 'physics' mechanics questions (btw don't try to use physics formulas in maths). The solving part of the mechanics are nowhere as easy as the physics ones, but the concepts of thinking from physics definitely helps with understanding questions. Vectors, pulleys, and projectile (don't remember if this is for 4U too, or just 3U) are basically what will help with understanding, whereas the rest (~90%) of the topic is just maths.
Yea agree with this. HSC physics has such minimal maths but on a conceptual understanding level physics was really useful for vectors and mechanics.

d1zzyohs

HSC
yep, my benefit was definetely almost entirely conceptual. but also, the connections between displacement, velocity and accel and physical systems like pulleys were really hard to grasp for me in year 11, so I think people who go into MX2 with no physics have trouble, as they also have to apply calculus to it.

Anaya R

HSC
yep, my benefit was definetely almost entirely conceptual. but also, the connections between displacement, velocity and accel and physical systems like pulleys were really hard to grasp for me in year 11, so I think people who go into MX2 with no physics have trouble, as they also have to apply calculus to it.
Yeah. Mechanics was one of my weakest areas, not just because I had no background in physics but also since we don't get as much time to focus on it compared to something like, say, Complex numbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)